What's new

Last water hunt, first gold ring, and I think it may be a doozy

ClovisOak

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
187
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0179.webpDSC_0193.webpDSC_0178.webp

You know the days...you wake up and realize the weather is cooperating and you have an opportunity to detect for 3 hours or so. Then life steps in and puts up obstacles in the way of your plans but you keep pushing through all the errands and relatives to help to still eke out a 1 hour hunt at the max. I headed out to my little beach with a lot of history and immediately found three nice signals that turned out to be two modern penny's and one 1942 wheat. That's a good sign, continue to get more good signals but turns out to be nails and other garbage, but old garbage at least. Get a nice signal, scoop down and sitting in the scoop I see gold and the greenest green I have ever seen. Water is pretty cold right now but it warmed up pretty fast. Know right then that it is my first gold! Forgot my loop and eyes are not what they used to be so all I can make out is what I think is 80. So I think well maybe 80% gold or something. Get it home and see with the loop OB-10K! I believe it is a Ostby Barton by the mark and style. High End Jeweler before and after turn of the century in Rhode Island. Half of the ownership was Engelhart Cornelius Ostby who died in the Titanic. His body was recovered,and his 22 daughter survived. Ostby was born in Oslo Norway which is where some of my ancestory is from.
HH
 
Upvote 48
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts. I hope to get to a trusted jeweler soon to report back on the status of the stone. Hope to try and get out to the lake if it warms up again, it is worth frozen legs :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom