What's new

Last weekends CW finds

JimK

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
231
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
We had some good weather here last weekend so the wife and I headed out for our CW Union camp. We did fairly good and managed 45 bullets, including several fired bullets, the coolest of which is a large fired three ringer. A couple of carved bullets. And even 2 .58 cal 3 ringers that have been sharpened to a point like a pencil. A few pieces of camp lead, one bullet casing in decent shape for a change and a button back. We as always found a bunch of wire, nails and farm junk, but who doesn’t. The interesting piece to me was a hand forged wing nut. I am not sure what it would have been used for but I think that it is neat. Anyway thanks for looking and as always any information on this stuff would be appreciated.

JimK
 

Attachments

  • IMAG2283.webp
    IMAG2283.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMAG2293.webp
    IMAG2293.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG2297.webp
    IMAG2297.webp
    36 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG2298.webp
    IMAG2298.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG2301.webp
    IMAG2301.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG2303.webp
    IMAG2303.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMAG2287.webp
    IMAG2287.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 28
Nice hunt Jim. Looks like beautiful country.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
That looks like a great place to hunt judging by the photos you posted.
 
Nice group of bullets. I have to agree on the fact that you have a wonderful view on top of the finds
 
Nice haul man. Keep em coming.
 
Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments. It is a very neat place and we are very grateful to have permission to be out there. We always take a lunch and make a day of it. We have found over 300 bullets and two breast plates at this "hunted out" site. And it shows no sign of stopping any time soon.
JimK
 
That looks like an awesome place to treasure hun Great post
 
What part of Central Kentucky are you from Jim and I agree,beautiful county up there. We like to take a drive up there every now and again from Nashville.
 
Looks like you have a awesome place there Jim congrats on all the bullets[emoji106]
 
I would guess that the "wing nut" came off of a plow stock and was the nut that held the plow point on. I have found those before but they never had two "wings" on them just one...d2
 
What part of Central Kentucky are you from Jim and I agree,beautiful county up there. We like to take a drive up there every now and again from Nashville.


We live in a small town just south of Lexington called Nicholassville. It is Central Kentucky.

JimK
 
Very nice finds JimK .
Glad to hear the Wife hunts with you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom