Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Meant to post Sunday as soon as I found something that I needed to take to the DMV tomorrow. Wasn't where it should've been. Could've found it faster if it was metal! ๐Ÿ˜„ We went to the gas line dig park on Sat. but they smoothed it and planted grass so didn't get much but the whatzit thing. Went back to our favorite park and we each popped a silver! Yay! Got a pocketknife, some wheats and a token. The magnifying paperweight was peeking out of the dirt near a road tearout. Had a fun weekend! Any ideas on the weird thing welcome! Have a great tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20220712_211329.jpg
    20220712_211329.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220712_213240.jpg
    20220712_213240.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 15

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Meant to post Sunday as soon as I found something that I needed to take to the DMV tomorrow. Wasn't where it should've been. Could've found it faster if it was metal! ๐Ÿ˜„ We went to the gas line dig park on Sat. but they smoothed it and planted grass so didn't get much but the whatzit thing. Went back to our favorite park and we each popped a silver! Yay! Got a pocketknife, some wheats and a token. The magnifying paperweight was peeking out of the dirt near a road tearout. Had a fun weekend! Any ideas on the weird thing welcome! Have a great tomorrow!
Good stuff. All finds are good, coin finds are great ๐Ÿ‘

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silvers.

Seeing the magnifier, my first thought it was one of those that a picture went in behind it.
(But your's seems to be a bit large)
Women wore them as a piece of jewelry I believe.
I've found a few over the years.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like fun for sure, thanks for posting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm......what is that mysterious thing ?? Nice hunt lenrac.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the football-shaped thing is a fireplace damper handle. The shaft attachment is visible in the centre. The handle would be on the front of the fireplace above the opening. Turning it would turn the shaft which was attached to the damper in the flue. We had a system like that in the house I grew up in. However, the handle could be from something else, and it's possible I am completely wrong.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my guess is tube top of some sort toothpaste maybe ihni but nice finds

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the football-shaped thing is a fireplace damper handle. The shaft attachment is visible in the centre. The handle would be on the front of the fireplace above the opening. Turning it would turn the shaft which was attached to the damper in the flue. We had a system like that in the house I grew up in. However, the handle could be from something else, and it's possible I am completely wrong.
I like that idea! It does seem house related.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread