Last Weeks Finds

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these 2 points last week at work along with 2 other ones I forgot to take a picture of. Also picked up this other rock but I think its natural. Yard.jpg
Black1.jpg
Black 2.jpg
Black3.jpg
Below is the broke geofact I think
rock 1.jpg
Rock 2.jpg

Upvote 0
Like MR says or maybe a big net weight. Nice points by the way

Like MR says or maybe a big net weight. Nice points by the way

Thanks, I was thinking it could be a crude axe but its really beat up, if it is anything. All*found in NC.

It is something that an N.A. used, those notches on the side where put there for use, they are not natural.JMO

It is something that an N.A. used, those notches on the side where put there for use, they are not natural.JMO

Thanks for the help. I was hoping it wasn't natural.

if you are from the N.C. area that would be called a Guilford Axe- Nice finds!

I'm not sure about that being a guilford axe. Could be. Most guilford axes look closer to this.

image-3706726041.jpg

image-1121572408.jpg

Not all in the last pics are guilford axes. You may have a net sinker or a hoe like this one.

image-1548696033.jpg

image-4200123143.jpg

Its some bad material that's for sure but it does look like a crude axe that's completely broken off on one side

Thanks all for the help. The edges are broken off on all sides. If it helps found in yadkin co nc.

Even without you saying anything I would have guessed it was from the Carolinas or Virginia being its rayholite.

Last edited:
Looks like a "wannabe"to me. If it's a broke axe I have missed a bunch! Nice finds on the points Alaldrid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back