Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.................the ravens are our buzzards in Montana Frank,and the Magpies

You are right about the ravens and don't forget the magpies, But we also have some vultures that migrate north every year. We have two or three pair that spend the summer every year for at least the last 8 years. They roost on the edge of town in a large 80+- Silver Maple.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Animal lover I find these types of pictures tasteless, I know people like to hunt, but do we have to see them strung up like this. The original owner Marc would never allow pictures like this to be posted, seem like standards have slipped since the take over.
I know I have proberbly lite the blue touch paper on this one, but I also know I am not the only one who feels this way.

SS

I appologize if it offends you. The purpose of hanging the animal is to keep the meat from getting dirty and to allow the meat to cool quickly so it will last longer and fresher.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appologize if it offends you. The purpose of hanging the animal is to keep the meat from getting dirty and to allow the meat to cool quickly so it will last longer and fresher.
Yes I am awere about hanging the meat...thanks.

SS

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buck old digger. I live over in the flathead, the mule deer over here taste gamey even when not in the rut. They don't have any crops to eat. That looks like a grain fed buck to me. Was wondering are you near sidney by chance.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buck old digger. I live over in the flathead, the mule deer over here taste gamey even when not in the rut. They don't have any crops to eat. That looks like a grain fed buck to me. Was wondering are you near sidney by chance.

Thanks! Dirtscratcher. Without giving out too much info on my lucky spot, I hunt on the north side of the Missiouri River in what we call the Breaks. I do not actually live in the area, so it is a little drive of 200+ miles. As for the gamey taste, When processing the meat it greatly helps if you remove all sinew and tendons (silver colored) from the useable meat. This process greatly reducess the gamey taste and is more flavorful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread