old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Mule Deer back from the taxidermist yesterday from last years hunt. I didn't go out this year beacuse of my health, but hopefuly next year. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

folder 3 002.JPG folder 3 001.JPG

folder 3 003.JPG

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice one, what part of Montana? Our local bucks wouldn't even make a half of that one.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!! I miss the taste of sage fed venison. Hope your health allows you to go next season.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one, what part of Montana? Our local bucks wouldn't even make a half of that one.

This buck was taken in northeastern MT. along the Missouri River. What state are you in?

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I miss the taste of sage fed venison. Hope your health allows you to go next season.

I am not too fond of harvesting a buck too late in the season, beacuse as the bucks head into the rut, the meat becomes too gamey.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not too fond of harvesting a buck too late in the season, beacuse as the bucks head into the rut, the meat beacomes too gamey.
AMEN.....I dont even shoot Mulies on our place anymore unless he is 30" or better.....whitetails for me for the table!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fine lookin specimen there old digger. Mount will take you back to the hunt many times. Hope you get to cat and mouse more on down the trail.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine lookin specimen there old digger. Mount will take you back to the hunt many times. Hope you get to cat and mouse more on down the trail.

I worked my butt off in getting that sucker out of those deep coulees.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 714343 Ouch. I have enough trouble getting them in the truck with one leg.

Several years before I shot a buck several hundred yards from the road. I dragged it to the road, but I had difficulty getting it into the back of the pickup. So what I did was drive into the ditch with the tailgate down. Eventually as I did that, the tailgate was within inches from the ground, therefore it was much easier to get the buck into the back of the pickup.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a dang good Mulie for Montana anymore,out our way(West side of the State)the whitetails have taken over....our Mulies are not doing good!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, my dog got a 7 pointer in the top 5 acres. It looker like he had been hit in the right front shoulder by a car and limped about 200 yards and layed down and died. What a waste. He had been there about 3 days. the buzzards had started on him. I cut the antlers off for the dog as a reward for leading me to him. It usually takes the buzzards 2 days to clean up a pile of inners, but a full buck will probably take them a week. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg I know, it's a raven from Capitol Reef NP.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.................the ravens are our buzzards in Montana Frank,and the Magpies

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 714343 Ouch. I have enough trouble getting them in the truck with one leg.
As a Animal lover I find these types of pictures tasteless, I know people like to hunt, but do we have to see them strung up like this. The original owner Marc would never allow pictures like this to be posted, seem like standards have slipped since the take over.
I know I have proberbly lite the blue touch paper on this one, but I also know I am not the only one who feels this way.

SS

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...no your not Colin.I am sure the poster didnt even think about it,and meant no harm,but it should not be posted

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...no your not Colin.I am sure the poster didnt even think about it,and meant no harm,but it should not be posted
I ment no disrespect to the poster mate, and I'm not against hunting and know the need for folk to put meat on the table. Just don't want to see it strung up this way, and yes I know I don't have to look, but this is a open Family forum.

SS

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Silver Searcher, Is it true that people in England are out protesting to get there guns back since crime has risen since the gun collection. I heard that Canada has repealed all or part of it's gun ban. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher, Is it true that people in England are out protesting to get there guns back since crime has risen since the gun collection. I heard that Canada has repealed all or part of it's gun ban. Frank

View attachment 714517
I take it you mean live rounds, we don't have any rights to use guns on intruders, and never had. Although there was one guy who did kill a burglar with a shot gun a few years back, and he was aquitted. You could own a fire arm before the dunblane massacre, but that lead to the banning of hand guns, now it's just a shot gun licence, with a max of 3.... shot I think, never heard abount any campaigns on getting hand guns coming back.

SS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My bad,no offence meant. Sorry to disrupt your thread old digger. while a first step in processing .when one is not accustomed to sight there would be a different view i should have considered on a treasure forum. Not all see same treasures.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, my dog got a 7 pointer in the top 5 acres. It looker like he had been hit in the right front shoulder by a car and limped about 200 yards and layed down and died. What a waste. He had been there about 3 days. the buzzards had started on him. I cut the antlers off for the dog as a reward for leading me to him. It usually takes the buzzards 2 days to clean up a pile of inners, but a full buck will probably take them a week. Frank

View attachment 714487 I know, it's a raven from Capitol Reef NP.

Thanks for the input. When I lived in Kansas, just down the road a 1/4 mile there was a crossing where the deer would use daily. It was in this locality that a lot of deer met their fate, and is where I found some dead bucks that were quite large. (racks & body size)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions