Late 19thC Belgian ELG Single Shot Percussion Boot Pistol With Brass Octagonal Barrel

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this last night before I knew what I had, now I know that I did find a real gun! Ha sorry but I'm excited and wanted everyone to see it!
HH & GL
Brad

Enjoy the pix

20151114_123326.jpg20151114_123334.jpg20151114_215237.jpg20151114_215307.jpg20151114_215332.jpg20151114_215342.jpg20151114_215447.jpg
deepsecrets found the link and pic of what it used to look like, thank you again!

A1318-201411212294_original.jpg

Upvote 24
Thats Awesome,
Really neat find there!
Bet that sounded like a Silver Dollar? Haha

I think you meant to say "8 reale" George :laughing7:. Very cool find and nice job on the ID.

Very cool relic! I got one back in May.

Very cool find indeed. All the guns I dig are of the "cap" variety lol

You've got to restore that!! That would be awesome!! Awesome find and Identification!! HH

What a great looking piece of history, it'll look great in the display.

Killer find Treb! If only that barrel could talk, what a story it would tell. GL brother!

Very very very cool!!! When me and my buddy jdsly first started detecting every time he got a signal I'd yell "IT'S A MUSKET!" Unfortunately, still no musket but I have dug a cool flynt lock off one and a couple of other little pieces. Big congrats on your find!

Awesome piece of history

Very cool relic! I got one back in May.

Very cool find indeed. All the guns I dig are of the "cap" variety lol

You've got to restore that!! That would be awesome!! Awesome find and Identification!! HH

What a great looking piece of history, it'll look great in the display.

Killer find Treb! If only that barrel could talk, what a story it would tell. GL brother!

Very very very cool!!! When me and my buddy jdsly first started detecting every time he got a signal I'd yell "IT'S A MUSKET!" Unfortunately, still no musket but I have dug a cool flynt lock off one and a couple of other little pieces. Big congrats on your find!

Thanks guys, I didn't have time to go to the gun shop, I was knee deep in that backwoods stream where I found the half dime. I'm still cold, ha lol. My boots leaked.
I hope to get that restored if possible, I would love it if I can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back