Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought my hunting season was over, but I managed to sneak out for a few minutes. I took my 2 1/2 yr old daughter out for 45 minutes. We found 2 silver dimes 1963 and 1952 and a Wheat penny. She was super happy to find treasure, and I was glad to push the season's silver count to 45.

Yesterday I stopped by a restaurant, and they gave my the silver centennial 1867-1967 dime in my change! Too bad I can't include it in my official detecting finds...

Attachments

• 100_7115.JPG
    100_7115.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 716
  • 100_7116.JPG
    100_7116.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0
I don't know why not. Let's go down the list of qualifiers to see if you fit anywhere:

1. You had your detector in your car.
2. You had detectected within the last 24 hours.
3. You detected within 24 hours after receipt.
4. You were buying batteries at the time.
5. You were thinking of detecting 48 hours prior to
or after receipt of the silver.
6. You have detected silver sometime during the month.

There you go. If you can't find an qualifying occurance,
then don't count it. Or make up your own.
It's all good. No problem.

A find is a find, detecting or not! If you find a silver on top of the ground while detecting (without hitting it with the detector) you would still count it! Not saying it happens often, but it could!

Thanks guys, yeah taking the little one along is really fun.

High Plains Digger--I can answer "yes" to all of the qualifiers except one: I was not buying batteries at the time lol. I do keep my detecting finds separate from silver/coins acquired other ways. My father-in-law is semi-retired, but at his part-time job he has customers that spend the occasional silver coin. He saves them and gives them to me. What a great guy!

Nope...I managed to get the only one... :tongue3:

Always like those Canadian Centennial pieces. Have a nice accumulation of them from change. Never found them in the ground though. Hope you find a bobcat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back