Latest Beach Finds November 2023

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been posting in the Equinox 800 forum about a problem I have been having with my unit. It turned out the battery and headphone jack were both cracked (not my fault, but a Minelab issue) and was allowing water and humidity to leak into the unit and it corroded the electronics and caused the unit to go into a fast chatter when it warmed up and became unusable. You can read about this in the Forum, but long story short I ended up buying a new pod head, since mine was out of warranty.

The new pod heard works great. I have spent about six hours searching this week, on four different beaches near me. In the attached image, you can see there is a lot of junk and just fun stuff to find like the set of Gerber pliers which I think will clean up, money, and a bunch of Hot Wheel cars.

Also, before anyone tells me shut off the iron mode, I like to find the tent stakes as I give them to my Godson for his scout troop for holding their tents, etc.

The best things I found this trip, as you can see in the images, is a small silver chain bracelet; part of a gold earring; a nice ring marked as silver with what appears to be a topaz stone; a really ugly necklace with a snake on it; but the big prize is a heavy chain. When I cleaned up the chain, I saw the tag on it says, 18K. I will have to see what it is worth when I get home. (Please forgive my dirty fingernails in the image, as I just got in from searching!)

Having a detector which is working correctly sure makes a big difference.

Attachments

• Best 1r.jpg
    Best 1r.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Best 2.jpg
    Best 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 9

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you got the detector problem fixed. That's a nice assortment of finds!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab's quality is absolute garbage. When they discovered the leaking pod issue at the charging port, they should have done a factory recall on all the units and either replaced them at no charge with an improved version or upgrade each person to the 700/900. I will never buy another Minelab product.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been posting in the Equinox 800 forum about a problem I have been having with my unit. It turned out the battery and headphone jack were both cracked (not my fault, but a Minelab issue) and was allowing water and humidity to leak into the unit and it corroded the electronics and caused the unit to go into a fast chatter when it warmed up and became unusable. You can read about this in the Forum, but long story short I ended up buying a new pod head, since mine was out of warranty.

The new pod heard works great. I have spent about six hours searching this week, on four different beaches near me. In the attached image, you can see there is a lot of junk and just fun stuff to find like the set of Gerber pliers which I think will clean up, money, and a bunch of Hot Wheel cars.

Also, before anyone tells me shut off the iron mode, I like to find the tent stakes as I give them to my Godson for his scout troop for holding their tents, etc.

The best things I found this trip, as you can see in the images, is a small silver chain bracelet; part of a gold earring; a nice ring marked as silver with what appears to be a topaz stone; a really ugly necklace with a snake on it; but the big prize is a heavy chain. When I cleaned up the chain, I saw the tag on it says, 18K. I will have to see what it is worth when I get home. (Please forgive my dirty fingernails in the image, as I just got in from searching!)

Having a detector which is working correctly sure makes a big difference.
Glad to read the detector is working well now after the repair.
Congratulations on the nice recoveries

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread