• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 3
those are some sweet finds. congrats!

Yo Jeff , Glad your back on the trail of the lost cavalry camp .. spur and half dime , all great digs , it may take awhile and I hope it's out there . Video , :metaldetector: i like it .. nice hunt

dawg

Cool relics, I really like that spur, congrats!!!

Man you sure are hot on them seateds! Good job in rescuing that spur, nice!! The bullets are always good indicators too. Good luck chasing down that camp!!!

IM

Fantastic bud!!Huge congrats on your first spur,its def. period!
Man,your gonna catch up with Ironman on the Seateds if you keep this streak up!!!

Really nice video and finds. Love that spur. Tennessee digger

Nice recoveries

Almost looks like somebody got bored and started working on that bullet with their teeth.

Yo Jeff , Glad your back on the trail of the lost cavalry camp .. spur and half dime , all great digs , it may take awhile and I hope it's out there . Video , :metaldetector: i like it .. nice hunt

dawg

Thanks Dawg, the trail stopped again yesterday.. Andrew and I didn't find much aside from another small spur he found and a couple other things.. I have a hunch about where its located. we'll see

Congratulation!

Great presentation on the last photograph. Something I would expect to see in a coffee table book. Well done!! :icon_thumleft:

Sometimes it just takes forever to find that "first." I got my first complete spur last year after seeing others dig complete spurs several times, just a few feet away from me. It's great that yours is not mangled by a plow. Nice Seated, too!

Cheers,

Buck

Sometimes it just takes forever to find that "first." I got my first complete spur last year after seeing others dig complete spurs several times, just a few feet away from me. It's great that yours is not mangled by a plow. Nice Seated, too!

Cheers,

Buck

Thanks, it does have a plow hit on one side but I'm thinking of having it straightened.

Nice digs!

Can I offer an opinion on your bullet? It doesn't look carved to me. It looks more like it was mashed into that shape for a specific purpose. I'm wondering if it was used as some sort of safety device on a Colt pistol - like the nipple protectors soldiers made for their rifles. Do you think it would fit in the square notch on a cylinder to keep the hammer from hitting the primer?

1860Colt.JPG

usarev22.jpg

Just a thought...

DCMatt

DcMatt, you very well could be right.. all 4 holes seem uniformly 90 degrees apart.. its hard to show with pics but i will post more sunday when i get back to town if you want

Another successful outing Brutha! I love that Spur. Congratulations on more Missouri CW Relics :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back