What's new

Latest find - cortisone

Surfview

Full Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
105
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didnt know that MDing could be painful. Been off the beach for a week with severe pain in my left shoulder, even affected my sleep. Finally went to my ortho doc who has treated me for old injuries that have come back to haunt me. He asked me if I had been lifting or doing any repetitive activity....... Duh, I hadn't even thought about the detector. I'm left handed and had a shoulder injury a loooong time ago and now it's showing it's ugly head again also. Doctor just laughed and stuck me with cortisone. Now I'm good to go, but I'm going to use my right arm for awhile, at least till it needs some cortisone. It's takes guts to get old.....:-)
 
Upvote 0
It's takes guts to get old.....:-)
Tell me about it...my biggest problem is blisters on the palm of my scoop hand.
Good luck.
 
Sorry about that injury, Surfview. The cortisone Rx will help, and good idea to use the unaffected arm.

Lorraine
 
It's takes guts to get old.....:-)
Tell me about it...my biggest problem is blisters on the palm of my scoop hand.
Good luck.

I had that problem with my scoop hand too, so I switched out the plastic part of the handle for a nice padded bicycle handle. Fits perfect, great grip and not a blister since then.
 
Cortisone shot can work. Only take one. Multiple shots can destroy the joint. Rest it as much as you can. Ice massage can be helpful to keep down the pain. Good luck and take it easy.

Anita
 
Thanks folks.....
 
Make your self a harness to hang your detector off of, I use one of those baby carriers, and cut the part out that holds the baby, hooked a bunjy cord to it, works great and holds all the weight of the detector
 
Yep,@ times this hobby can put a strain on your entire body,take care of yourself ,rest & heal:hello:,,HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom