Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Day,

Been awhile since I have been back to TN, been trying to catch up on the latest again here, and great to be back. Instead of me doing a lot of research thought I post this if anyone knows.

I was wondering if anyone knows how will the Minelab Manticore, the XP Deus II and The Nokta Legend compare and perform the best on finding Canadian coins, in general mostly with nickel as the most percentage in the composition of the targeting signal here? Lets start by saying in my areas I have gumbo like clay(high in sodium bentonite) to higher mineralization soils with black sand areas often found on beaches, would compare taken in account all the fidgeting and options available on these detectors, which can deal and find better through these types of soils, separation ferrous , masking etc all that jazz?

I just wanted some discussions on conductivity generally speaking on the newer Muti-frequency technologies been performing on our Canadian based newer coins vs older coin metals. I prefer finding older silver which I don't think would be an issue vs other countries, but again in general if I were to come across a quarter, nickel, dime, Loonie or Toonie, would I be able to hit most of these with no issues taken in the account of the corrosion we seem to see higher on our type of coins? If that makes sense.

Hope any information whether it being bias or not, just feeling the waters hear on the latest and eventually what the greatest devices will likely turn out to be for Canadian coins that I want. As you can see 2000 on where I likely will be picking up more steel (which can be quit complex next to how that would conduct over time in the ground) with fallsing and masking in mind, and trying to separate and determine Iron rejecting abilities in each detector?

Anything less in 2000 circa, im into Nickel, take a look at this post as most Tesoro dectectors hit hard on Nickels (what other device out of the 3 newer devices would be best). Hence why I decided to keep the Compadre and the Vaquero to hunt with, maybe that should still be my go to?

Vs US composition and what are folks finding the best in Multi Frequency devices offer me out here that I need to consider more of based on compisition of the material that would hit best ( I know they are all metal) but nickel appears to be a predominant element here for me.

Thanks for your time.

PS

Just started to think I may need to start my own test garden??

Attachments

• Canadian Coin Compisition.png
    Canadian Coin Compisition.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 56
  • the-metal-composition-of-american-coins-since-1783-infographic.png
    the-metal-composition-of-american-coins-since-1783-infographic.png
    785.6 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How will the 3 mentioned be based on descriminating pull tabs and nickels next to not missing on gold too? Does the 2D offer much here? If it rings nickel it will be a nickel, if it rings a pull tab it will be a pull tab if it rings gold it will be a pull tab?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread