Latest Software Version on Omega

Anyone know if version 4 had some of the emi issues fixed?

Last edited:
I think I saw a guy on another forum selling one with version 6 software. Mine is version 5, but I have no idea what difference it makes. Mine with the concentric coil has zero emi issues. The 11" DD gets a little chatty at high sensitivity, but not as bad as some YouTube vids I've seen. It basically shuts up when the coil is searching the dirt though.

Sorry for not being more help [emoji53]

Yes I saw that post for a version 6 for sale. Looking at an Omega the guy had said was the latest version, but it is a 4. At the price he's asking with a 5" and Nel 13" included, I think it's a good deal.

I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.. That's just me though. I'm sure you could get it upgraded if you really felt the need. Its a nice detector you will like it

How do you know what software version you have? My whole control box and coils were recently replaced by the fantastic customer service people at Teknetics.

With the machine off, hold the pinpoint button and click it on. The number in the middle will be the software version you have.

Walt
I had the Ver. 4 on my Omega....the only difference between the Ver. 3 and the ver. 4 Was... on the Ver. 3 the target stayed on the screen till the next target was found.... on the Ver. 4 the target stayed on the screen for 4 to 5 seconds and then the # goes blank till the next target.
I think one of the Versions was from two headphone jacks back to one jack.
I don`t think any of the Versions of the Omega Software are very big changes just little/not important stuff.
I would love to see the Teknetics Greek Series get the DST treatment...but who knows.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back