Latest solar "storm" had little effect

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost the main part of this post. Will reprint it.
ble as an astrology forecast. And remember the Kp index IS a forecast estimate only. You can't go back and say "See, this is what happened." because it is not a record, just an estimate forecast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People in the know say solar magnetic storms weaken and damage locating conditions.

There are some people with superstitious minds who believe that solar magnetic storms have some good effect on locating conditions. They use the Kp index as some kind of god to idolize. "It's in the red so it's good locating conditions." or some other kind of voodoo. Just phony ignorance. These people look for anything to validate their superstitions. "It was in the red and I found my test target, so don't believe the people "in the know". This recent storm is a good example. I have two different monitoring receivers and there are others on the internet. There was little or no activity that I found, and I checked them several times. Sure, I probably missed the main shock wave earlier in the AM hours, but I never saw the meter move much at all. just normal conditions. I practice with my locators several times day most days. There was nothing different, just normal locating conditions except for a few minutes when things got weak. I couldn't tell there was anything happening. And there sure wasn't any kind of exceptional conditions.

The Kp index is only a forecast of estimated activity. It's an alert like a weather statement saying there might be some tornadoes in the state. You can't look at it and say "Here's what happened." because it is only a forecast of estimated activity. I tell everyone, don't go by those forecasts--just get out with your test target and see for yourself. How many times have you heard a weather forecast saying it was going to rain so you cancelled your plans only to find out the day was nice and sunny? Sure, there are times they get it right, but the best thing to do is go out and test.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Signal line
There are some people with superstitious minds who believe that solar magnetic storms have some good effect on locating conditions.
Superstition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Superstition is the belief in supernatural causality—that one event leads to the cause of another without any natural process linking the two events—such as astrology, religion, omens, witchcraft, etc., that contradicts natural science.

No e-mails from the University that tracks solar flares in months…Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone who believes/uses Voodoo. It probably has more basis of truth than some people around here if you know what I mean. If you didn't read my post about Geotagging, you might want to go to the dowsing page. I don't know for sure but I highly suspect any satellite photos have the GPS coordinates embedded in every pixel. Don't give away the location to your treasure.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
O God of compassion, You alone can justify me and Your will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if he were the greatest sinner. For Your Son assured me: Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy fail to embrace a trusting soul.

Voodoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Voodoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo‎

Wikipedia
Voodoo may refer to: Contents. 1 Religions; 2 Aircraft; 3 Computing; 4 Music. 4.1 Albums; 4.2 Songs. 5 Other media and entertainment; 6 Sports; 7 See also ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread