juju
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2007
- Messages
- 2,015
- Reaction score
- 17
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Burien, Wa.
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Mrs JuJu and I were sorting through this months trash bucket, and found this. I save all my trash and clad til the end of the month and go through it to make sure nothing is missed. I remember digging this near Fort Steilacoom last month. It came from the same field that has produced mini balls, and enfield rounds. It measures 4 inches and is made of lead. That's all I have found out. I know someone here can shed some light on it. Thanks for looking, and luck in the hunt.

JuJu
Mrs JuJu and I were sorting through this months trash bucket, and found this. I save all my trash and clad til the end of the month and go through it to make sure nothing is missed. I remember digging this near Fort Steilacoom last month. It came from the same field that has produced mini balls, and enfield rounds. It measures 4 inches and is made of lead. That's all I have found out. I know someone here can shed some light on it. Thanks for looking, and luck in the hunt.
JuJu
. Over here we find lead mounts similar to yours and from what I have been told they were 19th century decorative harness or carriage mounts. But considering where you found it, is it possible it was scavanged to produce bullets
.






