What's new

Lead Pieces

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
13,021
Reaction score
28,183
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a bit of a mystery for everyone. I found these pieces today at an old park here in town and I've no idea what they're from! :dontknow: They measure about 1/2" x 1/2" . . . any thoughts?
Thanks, Dave
 

Attachments

  • Sept 7 007.webp
    Sept 7 007.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 240
Looks like they may be pewter and could be parts of a celtic style cross since it looks like there was a circle in the middle.
 
Upvote 0
great eye LT1Stone, Cross pendant is a possibility, missing two arms.
Looks to me some kind of 'white metal' Black like this usually means some lead in the mix, here's a somewhat similar I dug & a web pic for comparison :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 06-05 029.webp
    NH FINDS 06-05 029.webp
    44 KB · Views: 198
  • NH FINDS 06-05 032.webp
    NH FINDS 06-05 032.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 206
  • NH FINDS 06-05 029.webp
    NH FINDS 06-05 029.webp
    44 KB · Views: 209
  • NH FINDS 06-05 032.webp
    NH FINDS 06-05 032.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
Lt1stone said:
Looks like they may be pewter and could be parts of a celtic style cross since it looks like there was a circle in the middle.
:read2:

They could be Pewter pocket watch winders, or part of :icon_thumleft: found them like that with similar shape.

SS
 
Upvote 0
Lt1stone said:
Looks like they may be pewter and could be parts of a Celtic style cross since it looks like there was a circle in the middle.

That's what I first thought too, but these must be pretty old as there are no signs of any kind of gilding. :icon_scratch:
Thanks Lt1stone! :icon_thumright:
Dave

steelheadwill said:
great eye LT1Stone, Cross pendant is a possibility, missing two arms.
Looks to me some kind of 'white metal' Black like this usually means some lead in the mix, here's a somewhat similar I dug & a web pic for comparison :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the picture Herbie! :icon_thumright: I think you guys are on the right track here, I just wish that I'd found more of it! :-\ This is a very old site it's been a public park since the early 1900's. This is the original location for were the original towns people settled, they were located just down the hill from here in the late 1700's.
Thanks again Herbie! :thumbsup:
Dave

Silver Searcher said:
Lt1stone said:
Looks like they may be pewter and could be parts of a Celtic style cross since it looks like there was a circle in the middle.
:read2:

They could be Pewter pocket watch winders, or part of :icon_thumleft: found them like that with similar shape.

SS

I don't think I've ever seen a pewter pocket watch winder before? :icon_scratch: I'll have to Google it and see what pops up! :thumbsup:
Thanks SS, :icon_thumright:
Dave
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
573
Replies
5
Views
831
Replies
2
Views
207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom