I thought the same thing Bio. I assumed it was because of the shape and size.BioProfessor said:For some reason, this just doesn't have that "seal" look to me. Is it lead?
Daryl
I am not sure if its lead or not.That weaver seal looks different to me Breezie. I would love it if it was, but I am no longer sure if it is actually lead.Breezie said:Hey G, It looks like a lead bale seal used for 'cloth' with the weaver's initials as shown in the first pic: http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/baleseals.htm
Another nice find! Breezie

Garabaldi said:That weaver seal looks different to me Breezie. I would love it if it was, but I am no longer sure if it is actually lead.Breezie said:Hey G, It looks like a lead bale seal used for 'cloth' with the weaver's initials as shown in the first pic: http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/baleseals.htm
Another nice find! Breezie
P.S I am heading to Colchester England with a few of my club members on Feb 27th to hunt with the guy who started that web site.![]()
Breezie
BioProfessor said:If you take it to Colchester, Chris will "bush it." I know this from personal experience.
Daryl
Breezie
BioProfessor said:You hand it to Chris and ask him what something is. If it's not a hammered silver coin or something like that, he says crap and throws it in the bushes by the side of the field. Good luck finding it. I lost a nice button that way last year. I quit asking in the field.
Daryl
?? You paid the guy many hundreds of pounds to hunt and he threw your find in the bush? Are you kidding me? I don't care if it was scarp lead if anyone tosses my find away they will be what's going into the bush!BioProfessor said:You hand it to Chris and ask him what something is. If it's not a hammered silver coin or something like that, he says crap and throws it in the bushes by the side of the field. Good luck finding it. I lost a nice button that way last year. I quit asking in the field.
Daryl
Iron Patch said:BioProfessor said:You hand it to Chris and ask him what something is. If it's not a hammered silver coin or something like that, he says crap and throws it in the bushes by the side of the field. Good luck finding it. I lost a nice button that way last year. I quit asking in the field.
Daryl
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? You paid the guy many hundreds of pounds to hunt and he threw your find in the bush? Are you kidding me? I don't care if it was scarp lead if anyone tosses my find away they will be what's going into the bush!