What's new

lead weight

fbjr

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
166
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'm thinking that this is some sort of lead weight but how old is it and what would it have been used for ? It was found down by a local river, pretty heavy.
 

Attachments

  • lead weight.webp
    lead weight.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 268
Looks like a duck decoy weight. Could be pretty old.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry but I just couldn't resist with all the comments about taking good photos of your artifacts.

We have a really nice colored background that works well for most photograph.

Then that nice background is covered with a the worst thing to use for a background - a white sheet of paper.

Then the artifact is held in the hand above both backgrounds taking it out of the plane of focus.

Now that's a lot of work to take a pic.
:dontknow:

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Sorry for the bad background, that was actually used for other pics I had taken. I used my hand so that you all could get some idea of the size of the object. I'm not a professional photographer lol
 
Upvote 0
just like detecting, it takes practice lol
 
Upvote 0
Sorry
But after putting on my sunglasses to veiw your post
I still cant really tell what you might have there
Brady
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of weight?
Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Measuring weight?
Replies
3
Views
393
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Interesting item
Replies
3
Views
417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom