What's new

Lead!! what do you do with yours??

oldsoapy

Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
537
Reaction score
863
Golden Thread
5
Location
uk
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every other signal l get in my fields seems to be lead in some form or other, Just now and then l get a decent artifact like a spindle whorle or weight etc. but the vast majority is just blobs of molten stuff. Most of it ends up in my scrap box. At the moment l'm getting £1 a kilo from the scrap merchant : so it buys my detector batteries. What do you do with yours???
Here is about 2 months worth of lead!!
 

Attachments

  • ebay 112.webp
    ebay 112.webp
    132.4 KB · Views: 102
  • ebay 111.webp
    ebay 111.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 99
I had Ten years worth, like you I cashed in. It was getting behond rediculas and I could hardly lift up the container. Now I tend to leave the bigger pieces in the hedge.

SS
 
I had Ten years worth, like you I cashed in. It was getting behond rediculas and I could hardly lift up the container. Now I tend to leave the bigger pieces in the hedge.

SS
l will be following you looking in the hedge . mate.
 
l will be following you looking in the hedge . mate.
Great...I will follow you and give you the lead, I will take the Silver celts and roman you don't want. :laughing7:


SS
 
Not the best arrangement l fear!!
 
Hay, the lead makes nice sinkers or quilbys. It also makes nice bullets for my guns, but you guys wouldn't have any use for it that way.cheerio-1.webp
 
Melt it down and cast round balls for my muzzleloaders! I even re-cycle from my target backstop area.
 
Charlie P, Can they still have muzzleloaders?coins_0009 2euro_edited-1.webpJust my 2 Euros worth
 
I used some to make a bunch of dive weights for myself
saved myself some $$$
used tp save with some other hunters and when we got enough would bring to scrap yard
and slpit the cash - like you say =battery money
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom