What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Lead with Scalloped Edge?

buckslayer32

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Dug up this heavy piece of lead at a mid 1800s site. Can’t make out writing or numbers on it….for a minute I thought there was a big 3 or 5, but in the pictures I can’t see that. Any suggestions or info is appreciated
 

Attachments

  • 465847BC-2970-4C84-B7A4-9FB16CD45BD1.webp
    465847BC-2970-4C84-B7A4-9FB16CD45BD1.webp
    924.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 4DC39778-7AA1-4DD5-A533-334265133B57.webp
    4DC39778-7AA1-4DD5-A533-334265133B57.webp
    853.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 09643DA9-3CFA-4668-98F0-741450F0FA5F.webp
    09643DA9-3CFA-4668-98F0-741450F0FA5F.webp
    620.7 KB · Views: 121
I see a 5 too. Interesting find!
 
Upvote 1
Dug up this heavy piece of lead at a mid 1800s site. Can’t make out writing or numbers on it….for a minute I thought there was a big 3 or 5, but in the pictures I can’t see that. Any suggestions or info is appreciated
It’s a very interesting piece. Wish I could help! Congratulations
 
Upvote 0
Did people ever use caps over the top of a cork on wine bottles so they didn't shatter when using the metal wire-like metal mechanism to pull the work out?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom