leaker has qustions

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should probably start at the lower end of the range; much closer to the 250. This hobby has a very high drop out rate because you can't know how people will respond to the challenges. If you like it, and are still active after a year or two, then hopefully you will have found enough to cover the difference from selling your old detector and buying a better one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I disagree with Jason. If you go into this thinking you are going to "drop out" of the hobby, then you are'nt cut out for metal detecting to begin with. Why not start with a GOOD piece of equipment you can grow INTO, instead of "Out Of?" Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab X-Terra 350.. the list goes on. Start with the best equipment you can afford. That way you'll never be disappointed.

Any 14-year-old girl can learn to operate even the most "complicated" metal detector in 20-hours of headphone time. Don't overthink it, just do it! :occasion14:

spazzin78

Oct 12, 2012
I started with the AT PRO and im glad i did. I have found alot more stuff while hubting with buddies next to me and one does gave a 350 if u can afford it go with the at pro or better it will give u better chances its water resistant to ten feet going into the beach water at local watering holes is great and thats
i find the most jewelry jncluding alot of earrings and my friend with the 350 goes right over them for some reason. Good luck and dont put yourself in the dropout area this is a great hobby and if you do decent it will pay for itself over and over

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the at pro, I got the ace 250 and I want something better. Dnt get me wrong it's a great machine but I wish i woulda saved money and got a more of a higher end machine.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with most of the Guys here. If you can afford it get the AT Pro. Best machine out for the $ and it has room to grow!

Holler if you have questions or looking for a great deal!

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
go with the at pro start out in the standard modes learn the at from thier very simple beep and dig as you get better go to the pro modes and you,ll have one of the best detectors out thier plus you can use it in the water this opens up a whole new area to hunt great on a hot day

OP
OP
L

leaker

Nov 8, 2012
Jefferson city mo
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and took a big step and got a gti2500 if I am going to spend time learning a machine get more than you think you need. Got a 150 for my grandson for xmas. Let the games begin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread