What's new

Learning the AT Pro Signals & Two 10" Deep Finds

DCMetal

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
325
Reaction score
503
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new machine is fairly easy to use but it does take some time to really figure out what's trash, treasure or hot rock (I hate those).

Today I did a "jiffy" dig in my yard-- that's a quick in and out. Lot's of signals and still lots of trash and lots of mode changes. I get high numbers but they're always mixed with other stuff. Hard to know when to dig (too tired to dig every hit). 5 holes and two finds that were 10" deep.

I found what I thought was a shot gun shell but turned out to be a brass lipstick case, Angela Verona, New York. Haven't found anything about the company yet.

They second piece, a brass ring with a brass attachment, is most likely a cabinet pull or something similar-- if it looks to be something more worthy-- give me a shout. The rest... eh.


IMG_7896.webpIMG_7897.webpIMG_7898.webpIMG_7899.webpIMG_7900.webpIMG_7901.webpIMG_7902.webpIMG_7903.webpIMG_7904.webpIMG_7905.webpIMG_7906.webpIMG_7907.webpIMG_7908.webpIMG_7909.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7910.webp
    IMG_7910.webp
    186.8 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 32
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Cool finds, I like the lipstick tube, nice......
 
You are getting very deep signals,soon those will turn out to be deep silver ones.Keep at it.
 
That's a good start with a new machine. The only way you're going to know what to dig is by digging as much as you can and learning what your machine is telling you
 
You are getting very deep signals,soon those will turn out to be deep silver ones.Keep at it.

Hey Thrifty76now, you're right! Today I got 3 more deep targets in my once beautifully manicured yard.

Found a '42 Wheat, chunk of lead and a silver ID bracelet. Yew haw!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454651429.785555.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454651443.451118.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454651467.504238.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454651484.122643.webp
 
Its good you got out with your new machine. I find overtime i go out with my new AT Pro...i learn a little more and get more comfortable with it - don't give up!
It is nice that the weather has gotten better and the 3 feet of snow is gone. I am hitting an area tomorrow in Warrenton before it snows again Tuesday...uggg
 
I've found more of the good stuff since I put the 5x8 coil on and switched to pro zero mode ! Good luck!
 
I love the lipstick case, an awesome relic find! :occasion14: Good luck on the research, this is a very enjoyable aspect of the hobby especially in the winter months.
 
Great finds and the more you use the AT Pro you will learn what it's telling you. I hit a 5 quarter spill a couple of week ends ago with mine. The AT is my go to machine and yes it has great depth.
 
At pro is an awesome maxhine
 
Cool finds I'm learning my at pro also. It goes even deeper than I expected. Good luck in the future!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom