Legend - first impressions

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Received my Legend Friday of last week. I've only had it out once for about 2 1/2 hours and found $3.00 in clad and an aluminum caribiner (sp). First impressions: 1. This thing is built like a tank. 2. I've not experienced any "chattiness". Sensitivity ran at 28 and no chattering. Even hunted directly under power lines and it completely behaved itself. 3. Deepest coin was about 4 inches, but the park I am hunting is rather new, and other than a small silver ring, I've not found any silver after a dozen or so hunts with my X-Terra 70. 4. A 4 inch deep coin sounds just as loud as a surface coin. 5. I think this is the beginning of a great friendship. 6. I need to find better hunting grounds.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received mine Friday as well. Sat. read the instructions, ( by the way, Thank you Nokta Marko for including a instruction manual), pretty much set it up for a trial run. From using the Safari and the EQ 800, I used Field, with Multi 1, Sensitivity at 30, Discrimination pattern out of A, 6, F & C, I used 6, and the default settings for volume & recovery speed. so far I really like this thing, I've a long way to go yet, every detector detects metal, but as we all well know, numbers, sound etc. etc. are somewhat different between one machine and another. Good place to start was a middle? school football field without a lot of stuff in it. Found a number of coins that were, no joke fella's, at least 8 to 9" below the coil, along with three rings no less, two junk and one 14k GOLD!. (been on a dry spell) and that really was at least 8" deep. A very good omen with a new machine. I think this Legend and I may have a long and happy relationship As Casull noted, it seems to be a pretty solid machine, more so then the EQ I've been using, everything seemed good. Could not do a Threshold hum as I'm used to, nothing happened , no hum until I got up to 11 or something on the scale, and then only a distortion or a chatter? so ran it on 0. No threshold, and not crazy on the pinpoint function, but I think the update does something with that? Anyway Monday, I will go to the Nokta website to see about starting a warranty, nothing in the box about it, and learn about doing a up-date. All in all, really like that "new detector smell" thing I've got going on. Looking forward to what others have to say with their Legends, I can always pick up tips from you guys, cut my learning curve a bit.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there a few times before, it's just that the last time I just happened to hit that one square inch of plant earth. It's 1/3rd detector, 1/3rd skill & 1/3 luck I pretty much figure.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also just received my Legend and was looking at the website regarding warranty. It mentioned that you needed a “Warranty Certificate” signed by the dealer you purchased it from. I didn’t that in my package. Wondering if you did get one for yours?

Per my dealer they don’t have such a certificate, so not sure what will happen if warranty work needs to be done.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan, I had no kind of certificate either. I did go to the Nokta site and clicked onto warranty registration, and they asked for serial#, it is on back of control box, and date purchased, I put down the date I received it. Haven't received any acknowledgement yet, I should somehow check with them. I bought my detector from Kellyco, again, there was no cert. in box anywhere. I have sent a couple of other questions to Nokta for other things, but have received no reply to those either.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also just received my Legend and was looking at the website regarding warranty. It mentioned that you needed a “Warranty Certificate” signed by the dealer you purchased it from. I didn’t that in my package. Wondering if you did get one for yours?

Per my dealer they don’t have such a certificate, so not sure what will happen if warranty work needs to be done.

I do not recall seeing anything about a warranty certificate, but I suspect an invoice (proof of purchase) is ample.

Susan, I had no kind of certificate either. I did go to the Nokta site and clicked onto warranty registration, and they asked for serial#, it is on back of control box, and date purchased, I put down the date I received it. Haven't received any acknowledgement yet, I should somehow check with them. I bought my detector from Kellyco, again, there was no cert. in box anywhere. I have sent a couple of other questions to Nokta for other things, but have received no reply to those either.

To date the only acknowledgement I've received (warranty registration) is a little pop-up (on the NM website) saying 'your information has been submitted' (or something to that effect) right after I click the submit button. Over the past several years I have registered 6 different NM machines (counting pinpointers) and have yet to receive any verification other than that brief message.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread