Legend of the Stone Maps

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
img054.jpg
sgtfda,have some :coffee2: need I say any more about this tablet . all the info for finding it is in my thread that I disclosed over a year ago, with the last location very easy to find. remember bob ward and garman were close friends, and bob ward was one of the first in the stone tablet history. np:cat:

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
View attachment 1156217
sgtfda,have some :coffee2: need I say any more about this tablet . all the info for finding it is in my thread that I disclosed over a year ago, with the last location very easy to find. remember bob ward and garman were close friends, and bob ward was one of the first in the stone tablet history. np:cat:

Thank you NP for posting the banker. Your correct the Bobs were friends. Funny thing happened the other day. I needed to test my jeep and Tom followed in his jeep in case I had s issue. We stopped by one of my claims. On the ground was s cement block post. Tom looked at it and said Bob Ward use to make those for Garman. In the Garman file are copies of some of his claim location notices. I found one for that location. So I own a former Garman claim. Bayy owns another. Both produce gold. There is a prospecting lesson here. Look to the past mining claim history. There is a good chance you can find a open area that produces gold or silver. How do you think Garman found these spots? Working along side Robert T. I said all along the stones are copies of a Peralta mining map. Garman in his writing states the Tesora map is a Peralta Ming map . That is the map I used on the TV show.
Greg Davis spent his life collecting this information. His goal is a library at the museum for research by all who have a interest. If you a Dutchunter or a stoner how can you not have a interest? Treasure hunting is 95% research. You never know what will click when looking through the collection. I found a few things I plan on looking into in the future. Thank you Greg!

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUOTE=sgtfda;4507953]Homar both documents exist that is a fact. I'm not saying anything. I'm not posting my opinion of them. Only posting them for the members to decide. I agree they contradict each other. Like any document it gives everyone more information to follow up on. You can't solve a issue without out checking everything out. Not just what you choose because it matches your opinion or the legend. Sitting in Greg's library the other day I looked at the many shelves full of books and binders. I thought the Dutchman wrote a note or two and look what it turned into. Where all that stuff come from. The same applies to the stones. You can read Roberts letter to his friend or the thousand books on the subject. Books written by those that failed to solve the issue. I look at where Robert and Travis searched. Not where those books say to look. I pay very close attention to anything they wrote on the subject. Roberts letters to Garman are as good as it gets. I'm sure others on this site were not so quick to dismiss the contents of that letter. One thing you can't do is solve the stones unless you have all five. Robert told Garman there were five and he had no reason to lie.[/QUOTE]

Howdy Sarge,

The fact that both documents exist, does not make them factual evidence. The fact that they credit two different persons as the finder, indicates that at least one person was lied to, if not both. That is not an opinion, it is reality. You just stated "I'm not posting my opinion on them". Yet on post #16, you stated "If Robert states 5 stones were found then in my opinion that's a very good indication 5 stones were found".

Don't worry Sarge, your documents do not upset me, and I don't have a theory where I need to make things fit. I am just amazed that there are some that believe you are presenting a good case. So go ahead with your opinions, and show them what you believe to be the fifth stone. I already know the story behind it.

Homar

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm only presenting the documents. These are examples that supports both sides of the argument. Who carved and buried the stone maps. You must also consider where they were buried. If it's not next to 60 then that does match the Travis story.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, my reference to the script style vs R. Tomlinson's age was to point out an anomaly. Its a fine point of discussion and proves or disproves nothing. Its only an interesting tid bit to file away.

The fact that there are multiple notes and letters all in the same handwriting proves they share a common maker, not necessarily that they were penned by the person whose signature they carry. I said from the beginning that I could "get over it" easily, and I can. Its just an interesting anomaly.

I draw your attention, particularly, to the formation of the letter "r". Through out the body of the letter, in all 31 instances of its use, the Zaner Bloser version of the lower case letter "r" is used. That's a style most students were taught during the late 1940's through the late 1970's. Too late for Mr. Tomlinson's elementary education. My estimate of R. Tomlinson's birth date would have been placed him in an earlier area of time where the earlier classic Palmer style of lower case "r" was taught. Under normal circumstances it would be his "go to" style and would have been, at least, intermixed into the body of the letter where his hand would have formulated the contents quickly. With little thought as to the pen strokes.

If you will further notice the earlier classic Palmer style "r" is used in the address word "Portland". High point of speculation here, but I would suggest that was from looking back at another source document for the actual address and unconsciously adopting its style.........just a guess and not even a strong speculation.

Carry on please, its a very interesting topic concerning the Stone Maps.

Lynda

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Frank, my reference to the script style vs R. Tomlinson's age was to point out an anomaly. Its a fine point of discussion and proves or disproves nothing. Its only an interesting tid bit to file away.

The fact that there are multiple notes and letters all in the same handwriting proves they share a common maker, not necessarily that they were penned by the person whose signature they carry. I said from the beginning that I could "get over it" easily, and I can. Its just an interesting anomaly.

I draw your attention, particularly, to the formation of the letter "r". Through out the body of the letter, in all 31 instances of its use, the Zaner Bloser version of the lower case letter "r" is used. That's a style most students were taught during the late 1940's through the late 1970's. Too late for Mr. Tomlinson's elementary education. My estimate of R. Tomlinson's birth date would have been placed him in an earlier area of time where the earlier classic Palmer style of lower case "r" was taught. Under normal circumstances it would be his "go to" style and would have been, at least, intermixed into the body of the letter where his hand would have formulated the contents quickly. With little thought as to the pen strokes.

If you will further notice the earlier classic Palmer style "r" is used in the address word "Portland". High point of speculation here, but I would suggest that was from looking back at another source document for the actual address and unconsciously adopting its style.........just a guess and not even a strong speculation.

Carry on please, its a very interesting topic concerning the Stone Maps.

Lynda

before you guys get too crazy and worry yourself to death over these stones you should know that these stones have been around for 60 plus years and in that time just about every expert has examined those stones and deemed them phony....and when i say experts i mean every university in arizona and all the universities in most of the states around the country...every expert archeologist ..historian , and even head stone carvers all say these are of modern times (20th century)....and who would waste time and energy carving maps into stone when they could just write it down on paper .the spaniards were not idiots ..draw your own conclusions but use common sense...these stones have never led anyone to anything but financial ruin

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed Dave,

I have serious reservations the Stones are of Spanish origin. My continued interest in them is try to determine who made them and why. They obviously relate strongly to points of interest in the area and were made by someone with more than a passing knowledge of the area. Sarge asked us not to get off on a tangent so I will stop there in respect for his wishes.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
As I said it is up to each individual to interpret and research the issues. I'm just posting what is out there. It's more than has been posted in the past. Thought this thread would be a good place to gather this stuff. If what I posted is all there is then that's all we have to work with.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
before you guys get too crazy and worry yourself to death over these stones you should know that these stones have been around for 60 plus years and in that time just about every expert has examined those stones and deemed them phony....and when i say experts i mean every university in arizona and all the universities in most of the states around the country...every expert archeologist ..historian , and even head stone carvers all say these are of modern times (20th century)
The horse was a dead give-away to me that the stones were fake. Research 1940's art and graphics and you'll find similar styles. Back then many graphic artists drew animals and especially women in a simplistic and voluptuous manner. The nose art on the big bombers during WWII is a good example.

cartoon.jpg

9DNoseArt.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
As I said it is up to each individual to interpret and research the issues. I'm just posting what is out there. It's more than has been posted in the past. Thought this thread would be a good place to gather this stuff. If what I posted is all there is then that's all we have to work with.

Well I don't have a bone to pick with you Sarge but would say that quite a lot has been put on the forums before, running back years. I can't seem to find Gollum's thread but this one:

[URL]http://www.treasurenet.com/for...aps-real-maps-lost-gold-mines-cruel-hoax.html[/URL]

- dates to 2006 and had quite a few posts including documents and photos as did Gollum's thread which is even older. I don't think anyone has ever collected all the documents and photos that have been posted into one spot, which might be nice for people.
To all - we will not get anywhere debating whether the stone maps are real or not. They are real stone and real maps. Who made them and when we can never know for an absolute certainty. No debate on an internet forum is likely to change anyone's mind on them - either you believe they are genuine maps to some kind of treasure or you don't. We have debated it at length and in depth over years with lots of research involved you can find it in the older threads and there are a number of them not just the one I had started. One other thing here but you are not going to change anyone's mind by tossing barbs like how gullible you think someone is, for they might say the very same things about you and that won't change your mind either. You do not know what the other person knows, any more than they know what you know.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, please do continue, hope this was not entirely off topic as it is directing to other documents which were posted up to nine years ago.
Oroblanco

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Agreed Dave,

I have serious reservations the Stones are of Spanish origin. My continued interest in them is try to determine who made them and why. They obviously relate strongly to points of interest in the area and were made by someone with more than a passing knowledge of the area. Sarge asked us not to get off on a tangent so I will stop there in respect for his wishes.
lynda...most folks around here figure tumlinson made the maps...him or someone he knows....they were found right off the main highway..a place where a million quail and dove hunters have walked over for a hundred years ,,,kinda hard to believe that tumlinson stumbled onto the only square foot that all these hunters and hikers missed...he found the stones there..because he put them there

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
He put them there, then went back to dig them up.
Why?

i bet your teacher yelled at you alot in school...lol...nobody buried the stones...he fabricated a story about finding them buried...many people have done worse things just for fame and recognition...some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame...i heard he was looking for a treasure and fabricated the stone map story to keep the rest of the idiots busy trying to figure out the stone maps...while he searched for his treasure ...matter of fact bob garmin dug out a big treasure not far from where the stone maps were found...same time frame the stone maps turned up too

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as documents go, I believe this would be a good place to start:

The Peralta Stone Maps

This is not a site that is in competition with TNet, so I hope I'm safe posting it.:dontknow:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Well Joe

That site kindda proves that the Stone were carved by different people and most likely at different times and Travis found the Stones like he said.

And Sarge I don't have a document that Travis found the Stones, but he did and broke the fifth Stone power washing it at a car wash in Apachee Junction, See he did'nt know the heart was removable till he blew it out of the trail map.

But I think Gollum can back that up, Since we know the same person who was veryclose to Travis.

But I'm back, Time Served.

Wrmickel1

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well Joe

That site kindda proves that the Stone were carved by different people and most likely at different times and Travis found the Stones like he said.

And Sarge I don't have a document that Travis found the Stones, but he did and broke the fifth Stone power washing it at a car wash in Apachee Junction, See he did'nt know the heart was removable till he blew it out of the trail map.

But I think Gollum can back that up, Since we know the same person who was veryclose to Travis.

But I'm back, Time Served.

Wrmickel1

Have you read this one?
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...rticles/Are the Peralta Stone Maps a Hoax.pdf

Welcome back

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread