Legend Question/Falsing

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
drumfish420

drumfish420

Nov 2, 2023
Just a hint here. Try Field M1, IF2, ST 3, BC 0, DT 2. Run that over your test buries. Now switch to Field M2. Run over the buried targets in M2. I think you may be surprised.
Going this morning. Took my machine out in my yard yesterday evening with these exact settings and it was MUCH more stable. Even got the sensitivity up to 20 without much noise. Previously I had IF4, ST3, BC0, and DT6. Dropped the DT back to 3. Maybe you're right and maxed out settings are too much. Going to a Civil War camp with lots of farm trash, will see how it does and report back.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've noticed if you have the DT turned up to 6 and there's iron trash throughout the soil, you do get a strange warbbly response. But if it's cleaner soil you'll get a more normal one, and I did notice deeper targets were louder in most cases.

I was watching a test video by Mental Metal, and his testing showed in his soil the DT works better turned all the way up.

OP
OP
drumfish420

drumfish420

Nov 2, 2023
Didn't find any good relics and the ground being semi-hot made the machine a bit chirpy but overall I think it did better. Going to another spot shortly with better soil so will see what happens.

OP
OP
drumfish420

drumfish420

Nov 2, 2023
Update, I was able to still hit plenty of targets but I just cannot get this machine to be quiet. Every time it touched a blade of grass, twig, cornstalk, it falsed. The DT feature seems to work well but if the sensitivity goes much over 10-15 its constantly making noise. Next step is to contact Nokta and if that doesn't work I'll be looking for a new VLF machine.

OP
OP
drumfish420

drumfish420

Nov 2, 2023
Updated the machine to 1.15 and took it out yesterday ...HUGE difference. The machine was actually stable and quiet all morning even with the sensitivity turned up to 20. Either the previous updates didn't install properly or Nokta got it all right with 1.15, but the thing works now!

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Updated the machine to 1.15 and took it out yesterday ...HUGE difference. The machine was actually stable and quiet all morning even with the sensitivity turned up to 20. Either the previous updates didn't install properly or Nokta got it all right with 1.15, but the thing works now!

Haven't had any problems with falsing, but I am interested in how the new update works.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't even been swinging the Legend lately since picking up the Beep and Digs I have acquired in the past few months, so I could not tell anyone anything about this new update if they were to ask me

I have recently picked up a Deep Tech Vista X, Golden Mask 4WD, Golden Mask 7, Troy Shadow X5, and a Tesoro Vaquero, these beep and digs for me have brought the fun back in to detecting, which for me personally is all I care about is having fun when I go out and detect, not worrying about what Target ID is coming up or whether I have a detector set up correctly for the ground I am detecting, with these beep and digs you just ground balance and start detecting dig all the good high tones and forget the rest (Depending On the location you are detecting)

the hardest decision with the five beep and digs I have recently purchased is trying to figure out which one I want to grab and use at the time I end up carrying all five out with me to the location I am going to be detecting.

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what it's all about! Cheers to you.
yep you should not need a degree in computer programing to go out and detect and over the past four or five years for me personally that is what it felt like was I needed to take a class on computer programing, so I decided to make a change and its been great for me with these beep and digs

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't even been swinging the Legend lately since picking up the Beep and Digs I have acquired in the past few months, so I could not tell anyone anything about this new update if they were to ask me

I have recently picked up a Deep Tech Vista X, Golden Mask 4WD, Golden Mask 7, Troy Shadow X5, and a Tesoro Vaquero, these beep and digs for me have brought the fun back in to detecting, which for me personally is all I care about is having fun when I go out and detect, not worrying about what Target ID is coming up or whether I have a detector set up correctly for the ground I am detecting, with these beep and digs you just ground balance and start detecting dig all the good high tones and forget the rest (Depending On the location you are detecting)

the hardest decision with the five beep and digs I have recently purchased is trying to figure out which one I want to grab and use at the time I end up carrying all five out with me to the location I am going to be detecting.
I've been considering the Deep Tech Gold Gain for a while. They look like good machines, maybe similar to what Tesoro might have looked like if they had had competent leadership.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been considering the Deep Tech Gold Gain for a while. They look like good machines, maybe similar to what Tesoro might have looked like if they had had competent leadership.
I would consider the Gold Hound or the Vista X, I believe the gold gain runs 25 KHz

The Vista X is 16.5 KHz and the Gold hound is 30 KHz, I like the Vista X with the Alternate disc feature,

All of These beep and digs that I purchased are hitting things that my Cell Phones on a stick completely missed in areas I had been over many many times, that X5 is an unbelievable beep and dig I am running the 7 inch concentric on and that little 7 inch coil is hitting things at depth that would surprise you, Dimes and nickels at 14-15 inches with a 7 inch concentric coil, is UN heard of but that X5 will dang sure do it same thing with my Golden Mask 7 with a 13x11 coil running 14 KHz hits U.S dimes in my test bed at 23 inches and also gives a solid 47 on the Target IDs and calls that dime Non Ferrous, the GM7 is a selectable single frequency detector that runs 4,14,24,and 44 KHz, needles to say I pulled that 13x11 coil off of my GM7 and went back to the 9.5 coil with that 9.5 coil its still hitting non ferrous targets at 18 inches deep, unfortunately Golden Mask has no U.S dealers you have to order directly from Golden Mask which is in Bulgaria.

But honestly I would have no issue with ordering from GM again because both purchases I have maid from Golden Mask I have had zero issues and the delivery from GM to me was less than 8 days, in fact the 4 WD i had in 7 days the GM 7 was delivered in 5 days from Bulgaria to me you cannot get a letter delivered that fast with in the state of Arizona LOL

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would consider the Gold Hound or the Vista X, I believe the gold gain runs 25 KHz

The Vista X is 16.5 KHz and the Gold hound is 30 KHz, I like the Vista X with the Alternate disc feature,
The Gold Gain and the Gold Hound are both at 30khz, but the reason why the Gold Gain looked interesting is they replaced the recovery speed switch with a "Gain" knob. So it has separate controls for Sensitivity and Gain.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Gold Gain and the Gold Hound are both at 30khz, but the reason why the Gold Gain looked interesting is they replaced the recovery speed switch with a "Gain" knob. So it has separate controls for Sensitivity and Gain.
Great now I got to go look at the Gold Gain LOL I was thinking about the Gold Hound but if the Gold Gain has a few more useful features then it might be a better choice instead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread