🙋 WANTED Lesche Digger

Col.Philo95thNY

Jul 27, 2007
Ocala, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer I & II, SE Pro, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher 6a, Bounty Hunter LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all... Anyone has a lesche digger they would like to sell? Thanks... [email protected] Okay... I have resolved my problem. Thanks for your comments even though they had nothing with post... I wanted to buy one, not talk about the Lesche... IMHO... the original ones that were made when they first came on the market are the best, I don't know what happened to mine, but it never bent, wore, or broke...

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a chance! I'm going to be buried with mine! :laughing7:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Leschi brand diggers are good. But just go to your garden center hardware store, and grab a hori Hori.

I am a full-size man, and my Leschi diggers will break almost instantly

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Leschi brand diggers are good. But just go to your garden center hardware store, and grab a hori Hori.

I am a full-size man, and my Leschi diggers will break almost instantly
The "Leschi" look-a-likes are soft-the ones that come with the package deal from a well known detector seller are POS.
I've owned my real Leschi for over 10yrs now, and never bent or broke or twisted the blade.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Leschi" look-a-likes are soft-the ones that come with the package deal from a well known detector seller are POS.
I've owned my real Leschi for over 10yrs now, and never bent or broke or twisted the blade.
Same here. I've pried the sh*t out mine with no problems. I've broken 2 different Hori Hori blades.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hori hori is steel sandwiched by wood. The steel is at least 1/4inch thick. I cannot break it.

I have bought real leshi tools. They work great! Until they bend and break right at the base. But maybe I have never had a real deal leshi, but I think I have.

I have worn the steel tip down on the hori quite a bit, maybe a centimeter or two.

Leshi you have to order, and they are 40 bucks. Wait for the shipment.

The hori hori, a good Japanese made one, is available at almost any hometown hardware store.

I know I repeated myself, but I have been very disappointment with my leshi’s breaking. So disappoint that I will write long winded post!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the real question is, "Why aren't there any Lesche diggers available?"

They are made here!!!

The Lesche digging tool has a comfortable rubber grip handle with hand guard plate. Will cut plugs in soil quickly. The Digger is 12" overall & made in the USA out of chrome-moly steel.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My hori hori is steel sandwiched by wood. The steel is at least 1/4inch thick. I cannot break it.

I have bought real leshi tools. They work great! Until they bend and break right at the base. But maybe I have never had a real deal leshi, but I think I have.

I have worn the steel tip down on the hori quite a bit, maybe a centimeter or two.

Leshi you have to order, and they are 40 bucks. Wait for the shipment.

The hori hori, a good Japanese made one, is available at almost any hometown hardware store.

I know I repeated myself, but I have been very disappointment with my leshi’s breaking. So disappoint that I will write long winded post!
Sometimes I read something and miss the obvious. Then it's explained and I go DAH! Now I see/understand it.
Lost in translation
Query: From digging enough holes in many different mediums in life, I have to ask how are you bending/breaking the blades?
Next question: How long is the blade of the Hori Hori ?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hori hori is blade is about 10 inches.

I break leshi tool by cutting my C plug, And and then prying it back. If a big rock is In there, it adds to the resistance in a big way, thus, my body weight will eventually weaken and break the thinner structure of the lesche.
I had a cracked leshi I used for a while. I could cut and poke around, but I could never cut a large plug and successfully flip it without the unit breaking.

Here is a Amazon link to the seller and product that I have bought. It appears to be a real lesche product. I looked in my purchase history, and that is how I found this link.

I am an avid Metal Detectorist… I want my tools to last. I am giving sincere advice.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta makes a pretty good digger
. Looks like the Lesche

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread