What's new

Lesson learned

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visited a new bank on my way to the car dealership for oil changed and asked for halves. I asked how many do you have, and they said we can't tell you. So, I said $500, they brought it out- same wrappers and crisply rolled. I thought, oh geez, must be dumps, but I went through them anyways. Turns out they were not dumps at all and got a decent amount of silver. I then had to drive all the way back before they closed to get the others. This time, they were on to me. Photocopied my ID, checked each one of my $50's with a blacklight and were still kept their "top-secret" amount of halves. They said they could sell me $400. Not as good as the first half, but, the best silver in halves in months. Lesson: always buy everything, even if they seem like dumps.

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5075.webp
    IMG_5075.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
I bought $130 in dumps from a new bank today and found a 1983S someone missed....
 
might be a tellers stash -- that she hasn't searched yet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom