Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sleeper, good to see you are still around! It would be good to see if those that have posted since your original post, might post if they are still in the state or if moved, post gone to ... Hoping to get a better idea of who is where and for those looking for hunting buddies, see who is in their area and they can work out hunts and who knows, like Rebel - KGC suggested, start a club but I cannot do Facebook, no account and will not. This is as close to social media as I will come. Too much sharing and nosey-ness on that site. I'll leave my other opinions out for the time being and if I am wanted in on something, find me here. Let's see if anyone else comes back and posts that they are still around.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Went to local library today, and checked out LOST COMMUNITIES OF VIRGINIA by Terri Fisher & Kirsten Sparenborg. About 30 communities, like Moneta, Va. (lived there), Mt. Solon, Va. (near BRCC in Shenandoah Valley), Mineral, Va. (near Richmond). GREAT BOOK! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about the Mt. Solon area. Moneta, VA, that's​ down toward Smith Mountain lake and if memory serves me, could be associated with the Beale Treasure before all of the info about it not being true and likely being a cover story. See Beale under Legends. Looks like some more reading material.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I know about the Mt. Solon area. Moneta, VA, that's​ down toward Smith Mountain lake and if memory serves me, could be associated with the Beale Treasure before all of the info about it not being true and likely being a cover story. See Beale under Legends. Looks like some more reading material.
INDEED! LOL!

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon here, aka CB. Im mostly known for beach hunting but I have tons of relic and artifact hunting as well as land and map research experience. Even though im not there yet Ill be coming in HOT and already have plenty of areas to hunt in NOVA. I would love to hook up with any and all to hunt and dig some plugs. Thanks for a Thread like this! Its nice to see others wanting share the love...
CB

BlueLine

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Wintergreen Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Technetics
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relocated to Nelson Co. VA this past April. Have been relic hunting for some time in NC. Totally different enviroment than I've been hunting. Not that interested in coin shooting just relics with some history, don't expect a lot of CW finds due to hunting pressure in VA, but it would be nice. My past finds are mostly Colonial.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Relocated to Nelson Co. VA this past April. Have been relic hunting for some time in NC. Totally different enviroment than I've been hunting. Not that interested in coin shooting just relics with some history, don't expect a lot of CW finds due to hunting pressure in VA, but it would be nice. My past finds are mostly Colonial.
MAY be able to find Frontier Mountain Communities relics, in areas NOT connected to the BRP or "Fed-Land". I know of "lost" mountain communities along the Skyline Drive of the SNP (North on the BRP). Just have to "hike" the OLD trails or the AT...

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here at Smith Mt. Lake Va.town of Moneta.And if memory serves me.There are (were) two registered gold mines just down stream from S.M.L. dam.On feeder streams going into Leedsville lake.

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Petersburg. I would travel 2 hours and I'm flexible on the day of the week. It is common sense that anyone being taken to a site would offer one in return. I think a few bad experiences are repeated often and are the great minority. I would not hunt with anyone that doesn't fill in their holes and take their dug trash with them, even in the woods. It's just common courtesy.

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Washington county va, been working a few old farm sites

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in Virginia Beach I've been detecting for roughly 4 years primarily relic hunting I have a few good spots but unfortunately I suffered a massive stroke in April of last year so I haven't been able to detect since then but I'll be right back at it as soon as I'm able

dc.gronlund

Jan 24, 2018
portsmouth, va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Minelabe Excalibur II
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Max
Garrett "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
David here is Portsmouth. I can go 2 hrs easily and mostly weekends. I have a Garrett ATX, ACE 200, and ACE 350. I like to do all treasure hunting and hunt gold nuggets.

May 16, 2018
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nautilus, Garrett, Carrot, Mi-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dinwiddie Va, have multiple machines but use mainly xp dues now. Digging mostly colonial and civil war sites but travel far and wide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread