Lets get a current roster going!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'd say there hadn't been any activity on this thread in 5 months before you kicked the door open again!

Thanks Rebel :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Late FALL & WINTER is the time to do Research & Investigation... on the "NET"! "Google" GOLD Prospects in Virginia; HH! Good Luck! Have FUN!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! Wiki: GOLD Mining in Virginia for list of "County Mines"... don't know if they are still "active", tho.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOW! In terms of Relics... check OLD Roads, even into the mountains (becoming Fire Roads for the USFS)... just hike/bike 'em to "look around". In the Shenandoah National Park, MANY old roads into the "flat-lands" will take you by OLD Mountain Villages, and "junk" like Cabin "stuff", OLD cars... DO NOT take ANY from Fed.-land! Just a "sight-seeing" tour! Civil War Battle-fields are MOSTLY "off-limit"... BUT! Private land adjacent to those old fields MAY be available... IF! You get PERMISSION from Private land-owners... ASK! My personal "fave" is the USFS Fire road off of BRP to Fincastle Road, down to OLD Spec, Va. It was a small community next to the Rail-road Tracks going to Roanoke, Va. (once known as BIG LICK). A Iron Ore Mine is up in the mountains "a piece", & there is a web-site on Spec, Va. & the Spec mine... OPEN & filled with WATER! Will see if I can find it... USFS Ranger told me that other Iron Ore Mines in Roanoke County, down from the BRP (Iron Mine Hollow) are DANGEROUS & CLOSED!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Iron Mine of Spec, Va.: "Google" Abandoned States: Deep Inside the Iron Mine of Spec, Virginia. HH! Good Luck! Have FUN in 2019!

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southwest va next to TN line

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Equinox 800 (about 5 years of experience)
Will travel 2-3 hours no problem.
I’ll hunt anything!

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of potential new sites this year, and hope to do lot more digging. Heading to Florida on 21st for couple months and planning on hitting Treasure coast, wish me luck

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Last posting here was 18 months ago. Let's kick this thread open again.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that happen to me way too many times - ive been detecting over 40 yrs so
have had a lot of opportunities to allow it
I took a guy to a water spot i was finding old gold rings and silver
he is retired and can hunt every day - we hit there on my day off and I get 3 gold and he got one
week later I ask him if he wants to go back on my day off - he says he thinks we got it all
and does not want to waste his time - I had planned on going back and told him i was going there
when I arrived an old man that feeds the birds almost every day was sitting there on a bench
I said good morning - I saw him the week before and showed the gold from that day - he had told me some stories
from long ago - I get ready to head out and he says "your pal was here the other day" I say "Pal?"
"Yeah, guy you were with last week" "He was here with like 4 other guys" I was po'ed
I ended up confronting him in a round about way and he kept squirming around it and i finally
said "remember the old guy on the bench?...He said he saw your truck here the other day" BuSTED
and Ive lost a bunch of permissions with the guys driving by joining in thinking because Im hunting they can too
have approached guys and asked "Do you know Steve?" "Who's Steve?" "The owner of this property that I have permission from!"
I dont own it so i cant really by rights tell them to leave - Ive had farmers come out with a frown and
say "bunch of your buddies were here the other day" "I have no "buddies"" "well they I guess saw you here
and can in with a handful of guys and made a mess" "Wtf" "So I guess i have to tell you ...you cant hunt here
any more ...I dont want all these strangers on my property...sorry" - have gotten this more and more lately

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread