What's new

Lets have a friday contest !!!

hit80s

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
421
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I have the day off with 2 boxes waiting for me at the credit union ..........then i am gonna hop for a while ...............lets see who gets the most silver today.........post contest results tonight..............lets have some fun today :)
 
Upvote 0
I'll play.....

Gotta go to the "big city" today and dump a couple grand, so I'll hit a few banks there.

Stay tuned....

Robin
 
friday total 11 bennies 6 walkers 6 1964s 3 40%
 
Sorry i dont have the answers for ya i just go for silver not much in to clad at all,just look for the s is about all i can tell ya,proofs will be more shinney then mint set coins from what i understand
 
Thank you CD it has been a fun day
 
I found $400 in hand wrapped halves today at a local bank. I ended up with 1 1964 and 13 40% for a 1.75% keeper rate. That is approximately 2.25 troy ounces of silver for $7.00. ;D Not a bad day.
 
sneak said:
awhitster said:
1 of my 4 boxes had a 16% keeper rate.

WOW! :o I bet that was a fun box!
Whoops, silly me. That's what I get for guessing before it was done. I still had 12 rools to go. Make that 27.5% plus a 1980 proof. And I still have 2 rolls showing silver on each end to show my brother when he gets down here in a week. Still short of a 35% box a month ago.
 
Captaindoodle said:
Awhitster,

That is quite a silver vein in a Fed box!!!
Not sure what a Fed box is. I don't think there is one unless you get boxes straight from the Federal Reserve. Mine are re -rolled from an armored car company. I think everyone else's are too.
 
Answer a few questions....

87's... 1987 P&Ds were not sent out for circulation, only sent out in mint sets so keep the ones you find. Same with the 2002's and newer. According to the Red book, the 2001P's were also not released but I seem to find quite a few of those... I have yet to find an 87 or a 70.

Fed boxes... the flat boxes with 50 rolls in white and yellow wrappers are the fed boxes that banks order from the federal reserve.

"S" mint... these are the Proofs out of SanFransisco mint. There somewhat easy to spot because they are minted witha greater detail and the kennedy head and eagle on the back have a more satin finish with the background in a higher shine than circulated. Proofs are uncirculated but uncirculateds are not all proofs.
 
Hydrantman said:
Fed boxes... the flat boxes with 50 rolls in white and yellow wrappers are the fed boxes that banks order from the federal reserve.
This is what a bank told you? Or just speculation?
 
Hi all!
Last friday I got $1000 in halves I had ordered. Ended up with:
2) Franklins
70) 40%
5) 64s.

Happy Hunting!
 
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:
Fed boxes... the flat boxes with 50 rolls in white and yellow wrappers are the fed boxes that banks order from the federal reserve.
This is what a bank told you? Or just speculation?

My bank orders from the main branch downtown and they get them from the fed downtown.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom