Letter from Doc Rosencrans to my dad

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I think everyone's just embarrassed for you and doesnt want to say anything because of that big belt buckle...lol...

whoa...i never noticed that gigantic buckle....he must have been proud of that....he got that gun slung real low....probbly watched gunsmoke the night before..lol

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you guys think maybe he was talking about that little cabin by the miller mine? Been rackin my brains over it, but I think they sunk more than one shaft over there and one might have been covered up for some reason.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Do you guys think maybe he was talking about that little cabin by the miller mine? Been rackin my brains over it, but I think they sunk more than one shaft over there and one might have been covered up for some reason.

carrol pretty much hung out in the goldfield area..he didnt go in the mountains

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
carrol pretty much hung out in the goldfield area..he didnt go in the mountains

If its over there i can search the recorders office...any idea of timeframe it would have been lived in? There should be some kind of deed on file.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
If its over there i can search the recorders office...any idea of timeframe it would have been lived in? There should be some kind of deed on file.
the pic carrol posted of his dad and friend was taken pretty soon after he got here...you can see his 1950 buick in the back ground..i'm guessing 1950-1952

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well one of the things that makes gold green is arsenic, as in the "Green Gold Mine" in Calif. Be found many times but no one ever came back from the second trip. They would bring in the green heavy rocks for assay, and when finding out it was gold, would take off and never came back again. Arsenic can be absorbed through the skin and lungs. Last group that went for it that my brother knew of, were all ex Vietnam Vets with a Corpsman with testing materials. None of them came back either.

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, Last year I was talking to Ryan & it kind of hit a nerve with me. He said,
Carrol would you really want to give out all your dad has worked for? It really stunned me. When he passed I decided to let all the stuff pass with him, then many years later that tv series came on....& i'm watching it & going..........I knew him! & I knew him etc. & how the whole show was bogus but it was fun to watch.....& that's what steered me to tnet.

And I for one am glad you came.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick..jim beam or jack daniels tonight ?

Pretty spot on though, Since Ryan sucked you in to. But nice spheres Dave, Nice polish, How big is the crystcola Turquoise one it's my favorite one. What do you sale that for.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Pretty spot on though, Since Ryan sucked you in to. But nice spheres Dave, Nice polish, How big is the crystcola Turquoise one it's my favorite one. What do you sale that for.

babymick1

mick...i take them to 3000 grit on final polish...the gem chrysocolla sphere is from the inspiration mine in globe,,,it is 2 3/4 " diameter...i want 250 for it

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...i take them to 3000 grit on final polish...the gem chrysocolla sphere is from the inspiration mine in globe,,,it is 2 3/4 " diameter...i want 250 for it

IMG_1831.JPG

Trade 4 chunks for it, This is natural though, not Compressed

makes nice Cabs with metal in some.

Or we can do cash, if shipping included for 250

babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread