🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Letter from Ring Return WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a Rosie

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't expect to hear from this person. I have been saving all my clad and jewelry for the new AT MAX. But with with two girls and supporting my Mother in law had to cash all in for bills. I could have saved these class rings but I will return any ring I find if I can. My Birthday is July 23rd this person just had her 40th Anniversary and this is a good gift from me to her and her to me!!!! So long AT Max but it is worth it all the class ring returns with not any thanks. This made my day!!!!! Todays finds A 1952 Rosie a 42 wheat and clad. RRRRRRRRRR sorry abput the multiple pics my wife says dumb people shouldn't get smart phones 20170714_211639.jpg 20170714_211639.jpg 20170714_211639.jpg 20170714_211647.jpg 20170714_200606.jpg Here is what it says!!!!!! Cause my pics are so bad and they wont enlarge!!!!!! July 11, 2017
Dear Tommy,
I had to write you to say THANK YOU.
Forty three years ago my husband and I met in college at Concordia Junior College. We started dating and like some couples did back then we exchanged high school class rings. My ring did not fit my husband/boyfriend very well so he wrapped it with yarn to fit. He and some buddies played a softball game. He was in the outfield and removed his glove. Later her realized he didn’t have the ring. He and his buddies searched the field. Couldn’t find it. He and I went back the next day and searched. Couldn’t find it. We graduated from junior college and went to Concordia College in Seward, NB to finish school. We got married, moved a few times, had four children and three grandchildren. I had forgotten about the ring. About two months ago my sister in law sent me a message asking “Did you lose your class ring?”. I said “Yes I did”. She said “I think we found it”. I said “Where?”. She said “Someone found your ring in a park near Ann Arbor.”. We celebrated our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] wedding anniversary on Sunday. So for our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] I got my class ring. My husband likes to say he put my ring in that field so he could give it to me on our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary. I feel kind of bad. I had his ring smashed and made into a tie tack.
So again I say thank you and God bless you.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dude that is worth more than a detector

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't expect to hear from this person. I have been saving all my clad and jewelry for the new AT MAX. But with with two girls and supporting my Mother in law had to cash all in for bills. I could have saved these class rings but I will return any ring I find if I can. My Birthday is July 23rd this person just had her 40th Anniversary and this is a good gift from me to her and her to me!!!! So long AT Max but it is worth it all the class ring returns with not any thanks. This made my day!!!!! Todays finds A 1952 Rosie a 42 wheat and clad. RRRRRRRRRR sorry abput the multiple pics my wife says dumb people shouldn't get smart phones View attachment 1472467 View attachment 1472467 View attachment 1472467 View attachment 1472468 View attachment 1472469 Here is what it says!!!!!! Cause my pics are so bad and they wont enlarge!!!!!! July 11, 2017
Dear Tommy,
I had to write you to say THANK YOU.
Forty three years ago my husband and I met in college at Concordia Junior College. We started dating and like some couples did back then we exchanged high school class rings. My ring did not fit my husband/boyfriend very well so he wrapped it with yarn to fit. He and some buddies played a softball game. He was in the outfield and removed his glove. Later her realized he didn’t have the ring. He and his buddies searched the field. Couldn’t find it. He and I went back the next day and searched. Couldn’t find it. We graduated from junior college and went to Concordia College in Seward, NB to finish school. We got married, moved a few times, had four children and three grandchildren. I had forgotten about the ring. About two months ago my sister in law sent me a message asking “Did you lose your class ring?”. I said “Yes I did”. She said “I think we found it”. I said “Where?”. She said “Someone found your ring in a park near Ann Arbor.”. We celebrated our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] wedding anniversary on Sunday. So for our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] I got my class ring. My husband likes to say he put my ring in that field so he could give it to me on our 40[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary. I feel kind of bad. I had his ring smashed and made into a tie tack.
So again I say thank you and God bless you.

Get a frame for that letter mate. This "hobby" sport or whatever it is we do, well this is the epitome of why and how we should be doing it. Tommy, I bow to your continual "doing the right thing" mind set. If we ALL in this community thought this way people would probably be inviting us onto their land to hunt without asking. You are a pillar in our fine community and I for one am grateful to know you even virtually through T-net. ~S~ :icon_salut:

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a frame for that letter mate. This "hobby" sport or whatever it is we do, well this is the epitome of why and how we should be doing it. Tommy, I bow to your continual "doing the right thing" mind set. If we ALL in this community thought this way people would probably be inviting us onto their land to hunt without asking. You are a pillar in our fine community and I for one am grateful to know you even virtually through T-net. ~S~ :icon_salut:
Thanks Kevin

oldwormwood

Aug 17, 2015
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Still doing research, but I still have my Micronta (Radio Shack) 3000 from the late 1970s!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story (and excellent Karma for you)!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks oldwormwood Ill take you up on that karma thing

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic story and a great thing that you have done!

In a time where it seems like everybody only looks out for themselves, it's nice to see something like this.

It's even nicer knowing that you could have used the money for a toy, but chose to pay bills, and still sent the ring back!

I wish you the best finds.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who smashes a ring to make a tie tack?
Great job my friend... awesome return, and nice to read a gracious letter....rare these days.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic story and a great thing that you have done!

In a time where it seems like everybody only looks out for themselves, it's nice to see something like this.

It's even nicer knowing that you could have used the money for a toy, but chose to pay bills, and still sent the ring back!
I wish you the best finds.
Thanks John I was glad to see how much it meant to them!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who smashes a ring to make a tie tack?
Great job my friend... awesome return, and nice to read a gracious letter....rare these days.
Thanks Dave I don't even know what a Tie Tack is!!!!!He must not have been to happy!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:headbang::hello2::occasion14::icon_thumright::notworthy: Congratulations! :silvermedalred::award_star_bronze_1

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can one say....truly special and way to represent Michiganers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Tommy.
That letter would turn around anybody's day.
You really left a lasting impression on that family.
You definitely put our hobby in a positive light.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story. That's truly a good thing you did. You're a great representative of our hobby and I hope you reap all the rewards you deserve from the good deed. Congrats on your finds and best of luck to you my friend. Art

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go A2coins! That was a great find with a great story. You are a great representative to our hobby or sport. Thanks for sharing . HH

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2, I want your "Next" ring to have no I.D. mark's other than 18k and the maker. Really nice job my friend.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy, way to go, proud of you Man!!! Very touching story and yes you will be receiving karma bigtime! Got a feeling your finds will dramatically increase!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! The letter is just the icing on the cake. Any return is banner worthy to me. Kudos to you sir.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the recovery and the return of the ring. Made me chuckle about the tie tack ending of the note.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome story
Thanks for posting