Levanna - cool red color

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found the Levanna and some other stuff today. I almost didn't reach for the Levanna as it looked like a piece of red plastic. I've never seen this color on this material before. I have in situ of it. Also found a drill tip section.

photo (73).JPG

photo (74).JPG

photo (75).JPG

photo (78).JPG

Upvote 0

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Finds, Congrats!!! Beautiful color!

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking Point and in situ picture. Could that be Red Jasper possibly? It sure is a deep red color.

I'm not sure on the material. I see mainly quartz and quartzite. I rarely see material that flakes like this and never this color. I've seen this material in tan/brown only - and rarely.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stunning find
Congrats

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you will find one with more color. Congrats !

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful walking on and slippery rocks with them boots. Most dont know this but they are adding plastic in the soles of shoes and boots now days which dont make for a good grip on the rocks while walking in the creek. My boots cost a bit more than the average but I aint falling. Nice finds you had a good day, rock

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Shorewalker,
That’s a beautiful red jasper Levanna, if size is in range of the type. Looks good.
Realize I’m late to the party here. But, can I ask what region it was that you found this? Your profile says Florida, but the types and lithics tell a different story.

BTW: A red jasper Levanna is on my bucket list.

Thanks for posting.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Shorewalker,
That’s a beautiful red jasper Levanna, if size is in range of the type. Looks good.
Realize I’m late to the party here. But, can I ask what region it was that you found this? Your profile says Florida, but the types and lithics tell a different story.

BTW: A red jasper Levanna is on my bucket list.

Thanks for posting.
Stone points in south Florida are almost non existent, I’m sure he was hunting up north, that’s not a Florida beach, creek or lake situation in the photos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread