What's new

LEWISTOWN TRANSPORTATION CO. TOKEN, ANYONE KNOW HOW OLD?

bstimely21

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2009
Messages
71
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
LEWISTOWN PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett PinPointer
IT READS " LEWISTOWN TRANSPORTATION CO." ON FRONT SIDE AND BACK READS "GOOD FOR ONE ZONE FARE"

THE TOKEN WAS FOUND AT BIRCH HILL, BURNHAM A SMALL TOWN ABOUT 4 OR 5 MINUTES FROM LEWISTOWN. I KNOW IN THE EARLY THIRTIES THERE WAS A SMALL FAIR FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THERE WAS A STOP THERE FOR PEOPLE IN THE SUMMER.

IS THIS TOKEN FROM THAT TIME?? ANYONE WITH ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANKS

SORRY THE PIC IS BLURRY I WILL GET BETTER ONES ONCE I GET NEW BATTERIES FOR THE CAMERA
 

Attachments

  • IMG00062.webp
    IMG00062.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 328
Looks like a crop circle ;D sorry....
 
Upvote 0
look like This ?

0d2b_2.webp
 
Upvote 0
EXACTLY LIKE IT! not as shiny but still in good condition, what all do ya know about it jeff?
 
Upvote 0
Lewistown
CITY TRANSIT HISTORY
After 1900 - Lewistown & Reedsville Electric Railway Co.
Streetcars discontinued
Private bus co. in 1952 - Lewistown Transportation Co.

So I Would Guess 1952 at the Earliest

http://web.me.com/willvdv/chirailfan/aatpa7.html
 
Upvote 0
I Found This But Unaware Why they say 1941


PA 570 A - (Lewistown, 1941) - Lewistown Transportation Co / gf One Zone Fare - Bz 16mm - 75¢

http://ozarkden.com/transtoken.html
 
Upvote 0
Great ID. I was going with crop circle.
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
I Found This But Unaware Why they say 1941


PA 570 A - (Lewistown, 1941) - Lewistown Transportation Co / gf One Zone Fare - Bz 16mm - 75¢

http://ozarkden.com/transtoken.html

I think your source and the one I posted are quoting the Atwood-Coffee token catalogue.
 
Upvote 0
i was just curious about the same thing, the other description above stated 1941 as well.

it was found almost a 12inches down i was about to give up but it seemed like it was too good of a reading, guess i was right. anyone have any idea how to clean bronze?
 
Upvote 0
bstimely21 said:
i was just curious about the same thing, the other description above stated 1941 as well.

it was found almost a 12inches down i was about to give up but it seemed like it was too good of a reading, guess i was right. anyone have any idea how to clean bronze?

Personally IF You feel you Must clean it
Spray WD 40 on it & Rub it between your Fingers.
Until You like the Look.
 
Upvote 0
Bought three roll's of that token, unopened at a small antique shop in Holidaysburg, Pa. about 6 years ago for .50 cents a roll. I was visiting a buddy in Roaring Springs, Pa.
Sold most of them for .25 cents each. I have to look and see if I still have that one unopened roll of 20 count. Pretty sure they are from the 40's to 50's. Nice find!
DG
 
Upvote 0
thanks

let me know dg39, i sure would be interested in possibly buying one from you which would be in much better condition than mine for my collection
 
Upvote 0
Would you believe I found the roll...
Any one else want one for free? Just email me.
Photo of unopened roll. I will give away 5 of them plus one to the gentleman who found the one on this thread. First to email ... first to get.
All I need is a self addressed stamped envelope to mail it to you in. I will give you my address when you email me.
Thanks!
DG
 

Attachments

  • token 001.webp
    token 001.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom