What's new

Lg cent reading

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
4,708
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found my first lg cent , but wonding if it was reading too low , it was reading 12-38/39. It's really crusted cleaning it up
.
 

Attachments

  • 1486323067844.webp
    1486323067844.webp
    108.6 KB · Views: 128
Well cleaned up the coin it was another 1/4 reale that's 5reales form that site
 
how do you clean a coin that toasted to get and id? i have a couple ive been trying to figure out?
 
1st I soak in vinegar for 3 to 4 hrs and then electrolysis for 3hrs and then I'm tumbling it . I was to able see the date
 
I'll post a picture after comes out of the tumbler
 
I put a large cent in vinegar one time and it was not to bad i could make it out . But when i put it in the vinegar i checked it out in about 15 minutes and i pulled it out and as i watched every thing on it started to disappear i run to put it in water by then all i had was a blank round piece of copper i watched every design head date and every thing else just disappear right before my eyes. I never used vinegar again.
 
Wow I never did a lg cent before , just other copper coins
 
This coin before and after cleaning
 

Attachments

  • 1486390913870.webp
    1486390913870.webp
    108.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 1486390927853.webp
    1486390927853.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 1486390940264.webp
    1486390940264.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 111
ive never had any luck saving coins had a pretty similar experience to keppy I could make out 17-- something on a coin and tried vinegar and light brush and that was the end of that....
 
ive never had any luck saving coins had a pretty similar experience to keppy I could make out 17-- something on a coin and tried vinegar and light brush and that was the end of that....
Yes ..kha924 .. that vinegar will do it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom