What's new

Liberty quarter

njrelicgairl

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
538
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
0
Location
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi just sharing what I found thursday.
Liberty quarter.
 

Attachments

  • 20211001_140436_HDR.webp
    20211001_140436_HDR.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20211001_140243_HDR.webp
    20211001_140243_HDR.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 70
Beautiful coin!
 
Great find! I can't wait to find one!!
 
My first one.
 
As alluded to - that is a Barber quarter. the Standing Liberty quarter came after it and the Seated Liberty predated it.
 
As alluded to - that is a Barber quarter. the Standing Liberty quarter came after it and the Seated Liberty predated it.
Thank for explaining that. I just love the way they made coins than. So real and so neat.
 
My Dad was born in 1912 and I recally how he was always vocally upset that they started putting "fat head presidents" on coins instead of Ms. Liberty.
 
Congrats on your first Barber Quarter. Those are a great coin to dig.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom