Dug this today, says MINN. and then 2053 and the number 1920 on the bottom, date ? Is this some type of old license plate from Minnesota from 1920? I am near the boader with Minnesota. Thank you for any info.
Very cool find! I'd only found one - Patrick County, VA 1960 - pretty rusted up. Virginia required county plates then. Now we spend even more money just for a yearly sticker.... I'd go with the 1920 for the date.
All the 1920 vehicle license plates for Minnesota I'm finding are horizontal like modern tags. Seeing this is vertical it must be a motorcycle plate. If it's a tag.
All the 1920 vehicle license plates for Minnesota I'm finding are horizontal like modern tags. Seeing this is vertical it must be a motorcycle plate. If it's a tag.
Another thing is the numbers being stepped instead of being inline. I'm not finding a 1920 Minn motorcycle license plate so far for comparison. So this is anyone's guess for now. Maybe reach out to a Tag office to find out if they have a pictorial history of the state issued tags.
Another thing is the numbers being stepped instead of being inline. I'm not finding a 1920 Minn motorcycle license plate so far for comparison. So this is anyone's guess for now. Maybe reach out to a Tag office to find out if they have a pictorial history of the state issued tags.
Thanks all for the great information. This site is great and for this new metal detectorist very much appreciated. Wish the plate was in a little better shape but for the age and being buried still pretty good. Thanks again all.