What's new

Lidar help

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Reaching out to see if someone could help me uncover this tree canopy on an 1820 map. I want to see if and where the remains of a couple houses and mill are.
 
There's a phone app called Spartan Forge, made for hunting, but has nationwide LIDAR maps. It's not free, but it's out there. I have it, if you want me to look something up for you, PM me an address or GPS coordinates.
 
This is free and it has the same LIDAR as the paid apps.

I never had much luck with that one (couldn't seem to make it work like I wanted). If it works for you, great (could just be me).

Though I do like having the one on my phone ... I can turn on the lidar, and it shows my location on it, and ties to the compass, so I can literally walk right to the interesting features.
 
Check out any state university's that have a GIS program.
 
I never had much luck with that one (couldn't seem to make it work like I wanted). If it works for you, great (could just be me).

Though I do like having the one on my phone ... I can turn on the lidar, and it shows my location on it, and ties to the compass, so I can literally walk right to the interesting features.
That is a huge plus
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom