What's new

life changing finds?

nscrcr8z

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
346
Reaction score
189
Golden Thread
0
Location
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all i was at work tonight kinda thinking about detecting.....mind started wandering...i started thinking has anyone ever found anyting that changed there life...detecting? besides a rich spouse seriously anyting of value maybe when you was down on your luck needing a house payment or car payment ....or on a higher note somthing that would allow you to take off work or even quit your job:cool:
post probaly been put out there before just curiosity i guess.... me myself no
but im not in it to get rich im into it because i love the mystery and thrill of what lies beneath our feet
anyways until we strike it rich or hit the mother load have fun and happy hunting!
 
Last edited:
found a couple hundred pound piece copper conglomerate it paid my water bill the guy made some nice book end with it..
nscrcr8z how do you like that xl 6000 pro how does it come pair in depth to the v3i

thanks
 
found a couple hundred pound piece copper conglomerate it paid my water bill the guy made some nice book end with it..
nscrcr8z how do you like that xl 6000 pro how does it come pair in depth to the v3i

thanks

That's alot of copper : )
The 6000 is my first love so I'm partial to it
I actually used it more than the v3i because of the constant tweaking on the v3i.....the v3i will get more depth but like I said major major curve to it...now I'm using AT pro which I'm loving very good depth on it
 
I think the guys in Great Britain find life changing Roman stuff, but the wise in the United States just shovel and shut up. You find something big, and you got Uncle Sam, the state, long lost relatives of who ever might have thought about burying the treasure, insurance company's and greedy lawyers all doing their best to take it away. Look at Mel Fisher. He found the ship, he recovered the treasure that the state didn't even know existed, but the poop hit the fan and after years in court Mel might have won, but he was still screwed. It's like the protected mountain lions around these parts, if it's killed your calf, then you can kill it, but if it's thinking about killing your calf, then it's illegal to kill the lion, so the ranchers have a saying, "Shoot, shovel and shut up." At least in Britain if they find good treasure they get paid what it's worth and don't have years of legal battles. Here if you talk, you're screwed.
 
Very well put and very true its a shame if we find something of great value.....yep my Sam wants his big part
 
nscrcr8z

you mean to tell me the aT pro gets better depth than the 6000 di pro I know it should be lighter

around hear if you sell your copper to a dealer it goes in to his inventory and he pays you cash/check but you don't claim it
he will when he cleans it polishes resales it
your free and clear
I would think it's the same with gold and silver in other states
 
Always love the whites products and still and always will but yes the AT does get better depth than the 6000 to me....
Interesting about the copper trade
 
No life changing finds but most certainly taking up the hobby has been life changing. As an older, single woman, I never used to go out to lakes or parks by myself, so spent a lot more time at home and indoors. Once I started detecting, I was out evenings and weekends, 100% more active, meeting fellow detectorists, visiting places from my childhood as well as places I've never been and enjoying the outdoors every minute I can. Finds are secondary, but I have been blessed with some luck.
 
No life changing finds but most certainly taking up the hobby has been life changing. As an older, single woman, I never used to go out to lakes or parks by myself, so spent a lot more time at home and indoors. Once I started detecting, I was out evenings and weekends, 100% more active, meeting fellow detectorists, visiting places from my childhood as well as places I've never been and enjoying the outdoors every minute I can. Finds are secondary, but I have been blessed with some luck.

Yes for sure opens doors for all types of enjoyment.. including the open doors...exercise.... and of course the unknown of what's buried beneath us
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom