What's new

Lincoln Half Dollar, cool coin

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I found this half today in a box of halves. It has a outline of Lincoln nose to nose with Kennedy. Has anyone seen one like this. It has been done with a punch with the likeness on it.
 

Attachments

  • Lincoln Half.webp
    Lincoln Half.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 571
Upvote 0
I have found two Lincoln cents with a small Kennedy head stamp. I found some where that a company put them out after the Kennedy assassination to have the two on the same coin. ??? ???

Hoose
 
As a boy I remember owning a few of the half dollars with Lincoln stamped on them. My dad bought them.

They were a novelty in 1964'ish. Back when they were saying things like

"Lincon's press secretry was named Kennedy. Kennedy's pres secretary was named LIncoln. LIncoln was shot in t a theatre and he ran to a warehouse. Kennecdy was shot from a warehouse (NOt ture byt hte way. It was a library) and he ran to a theatre. Kennedy was born in 18(whatever) and elected in 1860, and Kennedy was born in 19 (Same year) and elected in 1960." All sotrts of things like that. And the coin came out to sell with this long list of parralel items between the two.

LIke others, mine is long gone. I'd LOVE to find one, for memory sake, but haven't seen one as of yet.
 
i think ive found like 3 pennies where someone stamped in the face of kennedy which makes it like the opposite of that half
 
I have one of those pennies still attached to the card it came on listing all of the similarities between the two. Now if I can only remember where I put it. ;D 8) 8)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom