What's new

Lion Head Medallion

mbcuce

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
271
Reaction score
1,812
Golden Thread
1
Location
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was back at my neighbors when I should have been prepping for Dorian but I found an interesting decorative piece. To me it looks like it had a ribbon on it for some kind of medal or was attached to leather as an adornment. Could be modern. I found items from early 1800 though today in this yard. Appears to be brass.
Front is raised and back is recessed.
IMG_3186.webp IMG_3185.webp
 
I think key fob too. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was the same as Don's... pocket watch fob. :thumbsup:

Very nice find with the gold gilding still intact,
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice find, I think it is called a bridle rosette.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom