What's new

Little Help on this piece.

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I moved into different house, under sink was usal array of cleaning things. Some containers full some empty, well while cleaning under sink out found this ashtray at least I and previous tenants thought so it was full of ashes and grime. When I cleaned it out I revealed the Gettysburg Adress. It looks like black enamel paint on some places. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 031.webp
    031.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 035.webp
    035.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 93
  • 032.webp
    032.webp
    962.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 033.webp
    033.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • 034.webp
    034.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 81
Did they usually make ashtrays/cigar ash trays so decorative a.k.a. Gettysburg Address. also looks like two holes for mouting on what?
 
Upvote 0
Just looks like an ashtray from the Gettysburg gift shop to me.
probably pre 70's before all the smoking Propaganda
from the baby sitting crowd.

Holes look aftermarket. used as a wall hanging by one of it's owners.

Probably still worth a few Bucks to the right person
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
My other thoughts on the holes would be to hold some type of pipe holder.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom