What's new

Little House on the prairie

liftloop

Silver Member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
3,160
Reaction score
390
Golden Thread
0
Location
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man every time I watch that show all I can think about is pulling out the detector and looking for coins that must of got dropped is that before paper was abundant back in the penny days.
I wounder what kind of coins were circulating back then.I know a nickle was a lot of money back then.I Goggled it,it's said late 1800 to early 1900.so they had Indian head pennies v nickles tree cents pieces.what else would there be.


liftloop
 
Hello Liftloop, I live in Minnesota and can take you to Walnut Grove, But most people don't know that the Little House On The Prairie show is fake or I should say made up. Yes there was a Ingalls family in Walnut Grove. The series showed how they lived near Walnut Grove and it also showed that the children grew up there. The real story is they settled there in 1874 and tried to farm but they lost their crops for two consecitve years and sold the land for 400 dollars. They then moved to Burr Oak, Iowa in 1876 where they helped the Steadman's (Olson's On Tv Show) run a motel. They had 1 daughter Laura Ingalls and 1 son Charles Frederic that passed away at the age of 9 months on their way to Burr Oak, Iowa. They never had any daughters named Mary And Carrie. I would like to also point out that the show was actually filmed in California so when you see all the beutiful scenery on the show it is not like that their. Mostly corn and soy bean fields. Alot of people go their thinking that the show was real and leave very dissapointed. They also want to climb the mountain that over looks the river in the TV show and it's not there either. I was a very big fan of the show when I was a kid but after finding out it wasn't real I didn't care for it anymore.
 
Ooo,So it's like mash 4077 it too was made in California.I still like the old town there It would be nice to hunt We have old towns here it's just metal detecting an old place where you seen it in action would be the trill.

Now if you go some were you find a foundation or a well with out any video of the place may be some pictures if you do research.I guess old man Engalls can't think off his name,burnt the set down a few years later when it stopped airing.thanks for the info that was really cool of you.


liftloop
 
I use to call that show little house oh so dreary :laughing7:
 
Laura Ingalls did write a set of books that are a good read. I'm sure they were based on her true life adventures.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom