Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Welcome to Tnet. I was about to say the same thing.
I’m struggling to see how this directly connects to a specific shipwreck. Surely it’s an industrially manufactured item that could have been produced for a myriad of purposes or users?
I believe this is from Loach & Clarke of 20-25 Essington Street, Birmingham, England who also had an outlet in London (J & G Odhams, 207 Upper Thames Street). They were a brassfoundry, principally manufacturing door and cabinet furniture such as knobs and hinges, plus pulleys, casters etc including ‘made to order services’ but made all sorts of other things. They held patents for a picture hook and a corkscrew for example.
They have Birmingham trade directory listings from 1844 through to 1914, although those may not be the finite dates for their operation.
This looks large to be a button, and I think it’s the plate through which a door or cabinet handle fits. The picture is small, but compare to the three-holed pieces shown at the right of this advertisement. Yours looks similar and the two smaller holes look as if they are bevelled/countersunk to take screws.