What's new

Lobo Howling on Sports Field!

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lobo Super Traq has been cleaning up at a local soccer field. I have six-hours total on the field and I'm not even halfway through it! The first three-hours produced this..
 

Attachments

  • SP2.webp
    SP2.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 450
  • SP1.webp
    SP1.webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 402
  • SP2.webp
    SP2.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 423
  • SP4.webp
    SP4.webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 470
I got the sterling ring as I was detecting my way off the field and back to the car... :headbang:

Got back on the field this morning, and picked up where I had left off. It was cold and muddy, but I stole my better-half's blue rubber gloves and put them over my thin cloth ones and stayed toasty in my hoodie and headphones. Three-hours later, I had this..
 

Attachments

  • SP23.webp
    SP23.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 482
  • SP25.webp
    SP25.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 489
  • SP22.webp
    SP22.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 519
So, close to $10.00 in clad so far, with a whole lot of 1965 - 1969 coins! Just killing me that I'm missing silver by a couple of years! Got the silver earring today with the .223 caliber bullet. Wonder what I'll find in the other half of the field? :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • SP21.webp
    SP21.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 493
  • SP24.webp
    SP24.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 488
Hopefully the other half of the field will have over $11 in clad, some older coins.... and some gold... Go get em Terry.
I have two soccer fields that I've hit and haven't done well at either of them.... think I may have to find some different ones to try next.
Cliff
 
but I stole my better-half's blue rubber gloves and put them over my thin cloth ones and stayed toasty in my hoodie and headphones.

Dedication, Terry. Dedication. ;D
 
It sure is nice to hit those virgin sites.
 
As a rank novice Lobo user, what settings are you using for the sports field? I believe I'm going to get the "ok" to hunt some foundations from some homes built in the late 1800's/early 1900's. Will the Lobo work for this our should I look for another detector?
 
5akman said:
As a rank novice Lobo user, what settings are you using for the sports field? I believe I'm going to get the "ok" to hunt some foundations from some homes built in the late 1800's/early 1900's. Will the Lobo work for this our should I look for another detector?

Flip it into discriminate, and set the discrim at about 4-5. That will take care of most iron and bottle caps, but not rings or pull tabs. Experiment! Yes, it will work great! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom