Local Boys got his dredge in the water!

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Local Boy's got his dredge in the water!

Heard afew days ago a friend has began dredging his claim, Interested to see what the Gov thinks.
Who knows, these past two summers a local on the Salmon River dredged his claim and was reported on by local greenies - Nothing Happened to him.:icon_scratch:
ALL A BUNCH OF BS -

Any comments or advise to pass on WHEN he gets busted would be appreciated.

As for me, Sniping and Detecting works well enough with very little expense.

Happy Days - Happy Hunting
AjR

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As much as everyone would like to get back into the water, holding off a little longer would be in our best interests.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read and seen for the last 5 years or so I think the only ones holding out are the ones that have been holding out from the begining.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I would say you're right Neo, but something is telling me otherwise. I may be wrong on this but at some point we must take the fight to them. We always abide by the law, but look what the the opposition does and what they get away with. I hope this doesn't change what is being accomplished. We always take the high road, but the ones trying to stop dredging don't care how it is done. If it is his claim, more power to him.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We haven't had a win like this before though and jumping the gun at this critical time COULD be the weapon the other side(s) need to douse our fire.

Nugget65

Jan 23, 2015
n. cali
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We haven't had a win like this before though and jumping the gun at this critical time COULD be the weapon the other side(s) need to douse our fire.
u r exactly right on that one ...trying to prove a point at this stage could hurt us ....

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. :)

Welcome to our forums, best treasure and mining forum around I think. :)

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say DO IT! Put a thousand dredges in the water and get your gold! Know your rights & make them come to you, IN THE RIVER! Always have someone posted downriver to catch your dredge when you cut it loose [to keep it from being evidence].

Next week, another thousand... and another!

Only in numbers will it make a difference. Be sure to get the local media involved if the law shows up, during or after. They LOVE a 'David vs Goliath' type of story. Keep it peaceful but put it on the State to explain to the public why you're being harassed!
Your fight out west will go on & on, [really hate to say that] because there is no end to eco-terrorists money.(tax dollars)

I honestly feel your chances of having any charge thrown out [NOW] is greater than it will be later. Get your gold NOW!

I have my own fight here in Maine. I doubt I'll change or fix anything but I'm going to dredge until Maine stops me. Then I'll dredge some more!

"DREDGERS DON'T KILL FISH, FISHERMEN DO".

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The time for banding together in mass solidarity to make a statement out on the river is over. Count it as an excellent opportunity missed and keep moving forward. Grandstanding now serves no point other than to confirm our rebellious defiant nature which really needs no confirmation. On this front now is the time for being mindful of our P and Q's and do what is really needed- keep the funding coming for those actually fighting in the courts. We have two wins, the tide appears to finally be changing, we waited this long, why risk sabotaging it now? The Rhinhart case is moving on to a new court which could put a fork in this once and for all. To use a sports analogy- if your winning by two in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter, why would you purposely foul the opponent- not smart.

If folks want to make a show of solidarity and protest a wrong. Study up on the Mercury fraud info, Strap your dredge on your truck, make a billboard and some flyers, and show up at the folks who wrote the anti dredging laws "Green Mining" shindig. Help fight another front of the same issue. Along with the millions of dollars in taxpayer fraud, they are going to write and establish- The best management practices and standards for Mercury. How do you suppose this will effect the way in which we operate? If you want to get involved do it, but put your efforts where they help, not hinder the process.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where would we all be if Brandon hadn't gone out and challenged an illegal law?
Still sitting on your ass waiting for someone else to get out there and stick their necks on the line, that's where!

An illegal law is unconstitutional, PERIOD.
As of right now, there is a judgement on the books saying California is running an illegal SCAM. As long as you tolerate that law they win, not you, not me. If someone else gets busted now, it will have to be tried as the law stand NOW, not by what the final decision is.
Timing is everything.

By the way, hows the State of Jefferson coming along?

I have been sending money out west to fight this crap for 20 friggin years, starting with Tom Ashworth, Dredge Earth First, PLP, and others. They stole our right to mine, and have been restricting us more every damn year. Yeah, I'm PISSED! Mamby-Pambies been sitting around waiting for things to get better. I will send NO MORE MONEY! I need to fight these rich bastids right here now because the West has accomplished nothing but make lawyers rich.
Keep doing nothing & I'll buy your dredges for $20 each!

...rant over.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where would we all be if Brandon hadn't gone out and challenged an illegal law?
Still sitting on your ass waiting for someone else to get out there and stick their necks on the line, that's where!

An illegal law is unconstitutional, PERIOD.
As of right now, there is a judgement on the books saying California is running an illegal SCAM. As long as you tolerate that law they win, not you, not me. If someone else gets busted now, it will have to be tried as the law stand NOW, not by what the final decision is.
Timing is everything.

By the way, hows the State of Jefferson coming along?

I have been sending money out west to fight this crap for 20 friggin years, starting with Tom Ashworth, Dredge Earth First, PLP, and others. They stole our right to mine, and have been restricting us more every damn year. Yeah, I'm PISSED! Mamby-Pambies been sitting around waiting for things to get better. I will send NO MORE MONEY! I need to fight these rich bastids right here now because the West has accomplished nothing but make lawyers rich.
Keep doing nothing & I'll buy your dredges for $20 each!

...rant over.

You and I venting our anger towards one anothers short comings won't help matters either friend! Whole list of shoulda, woulda, coulda's out there, hopefully you folks on the eastern sea board are learning from this colossal F-up here and are taking the proper steps to prevent it from happening there. You are 100% correct, we are exactly where we are because of Brandon standing his ground, and the subsequent time , effort, and money of so many. So why now, if there is even one tenth of a chance that our premature actions back in the water would hurt his case or any of the cases for that matter, would we want to risk it? We all feel the same way as you, so lets let cooler heads prevail and help them finish what they've started and are so close to completing. Like I said earlier, there are many fronts of this issue to aim our anger, this one isn't the one at this point and time.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whos going to go tell the ones that never did stop dredging that they should stop now?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't have to tell them anything, they've been smart enough not to draw attention to themselves from the get go:headbang:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Its not breaking any laws if you don't get caught!:) not bringing attention to your self or activity like Fowledup pointed out is the way to go!!!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget a thousand dredges...in one area! Lets put just thirty dredges in a one mile stretch illegally and give them all kinds of fuel to use against us why not:BangHead:

Some fellas need to slow down reread, understand, read again try to understand more....and then support the fight in the proper way.
The majority of old school negative know everything dredgers said it would never even make it this far.
Are there some that never stopped sure....are they a hero :dontknow:....have they gone through a court battle to earn that status?

There are a lot less heros out there than you would think guarantee it!!!!

golden money

Jan 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you heard of a Brady motion? I guess not. What facts do you have that the laws of the state and or federal gov. or the constitution apply to you or anyone else for that matter? There are no such things as rights, its a figment of your imagination, it's BS that you have been fed your whole life. If you don't believe me, then please prove to me with facts, not opinions that you have rights, or that the laws apply to me or you. When you can't do that, I can show you how it's really easy to beat them before you even get to court.

No bullshit here.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So am I understanding this corectly, it's ok to dredge as long as you keep a low profile and don't get caught? but if you are seen and get caught then your endangering all the hard work and efforts that have been put forth by one guy that did get caught but had enough balls to say F you. It's funny how everyone is so concerned about screwing up what only a few have worked so hard to achieve. Could you emagine where you would be right now if everyone would have kept dredging and had the same attitude? just my two cents worth....

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So am I understanding this corectly, it's ok to dredge as long as you keep a low profile and don't get caught? but if you are seen and get caught then your endangering all the hard work and efforts that have been put forth by one guy that did get caught but had enough balls to say F you. It's funny how everyone is so concerned about screwing up what only a few have worked so hard to achieve. Could you emagine where you would be right now if everyone would have kept dredging and had the same attitude? just my two cents worth....

Not mine to say if its ok or not, or if you should or shouldn't. it's up to the individual if they get busted they pay the piper. I'm simply saying that you don't know who has kept on going, or never stopped and you won't because they decided to apply some discretion in their activities and not risk their equipment or finances. I'm also saying that your signature line pretty much sums it up, if you don't have an invite to the court stay out of it and let those folks have their day without interuption.

You know what else is really funny- when it was for sure illiegal you didn't see everyone stepping up to the plate shouting about how we should all get together and really show them! In fact only a very few stood up and said "Do what you may, I"m gonna fight it". Now that one of them has received favorable judgement folks are all fired up ready to put themselves out there and make a stand. Again the biggest statement you can make now is with your checkbook! For years my partner has offered up in a very public manner one of his very public personal claims for a demonstration or dredge-in. NOT ONE PHONE CALL OR PM TO RSVP from folks ready to risk a citation and litigation! I believe I can safely say that should the need arise, he would be happy to extend the offer and we would also offer up our joint claim, plenty O'room but until then we will not "interupt those that are doing it".

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your hiding while your doing it, are you really doing it to show that you don't care, and won't hide it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread