Local Clubs and Fisher F4 vs F44

BrianStag

Mar 15, 2016
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Still Deciding - What say you?
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, My Name is Brian and I live in Columbus Ohio. I am very green with this hobby. :happysmiley:

I would like to find out if anyone knows of a club in my area to discuss Metal Detecting. I'm also looking to buy a MD and have narrowed my search down to either a Fisher F4 or F44. I know that several people have opinions on why others may be better and I'm willing to listen. The research that I've done in this price range seems to point me towards the F4, although the F44 seems to be a newer model with the bonus of weatherproof and the potential for further depth. Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated as I have some $$ burning a hole in my pocket and am somewhat anxious to get started! :blob10: Thanks in advance for your input.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Brian! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! I have the F44 and love it. Unfortunately, I've never used the F4 and cannot give a comparison. Good Luck with whichever machine you decide!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both detectors are comparable, I used the F4 for about 6 months and loved it. I am a DD coil guy and that DD is stock on the F4. The F4 does not like water. I used to wrap it with saran wrap when I hunted in the rain. The F44 comes with a concentric coil and is weather proof. The only things I did not like about the F4 is that the Ground Balance only works in All Metal mode and the VDI did not function in All Metal mode. I hunted mostly in discrimination mode with the F4. I have since ran into a great deal and moved up to the F75 LTD SE. I have only bought two new detectors. My 1st one was a cheap Treasure Cove TC 1023. It was great to learn on, but I wanted more depth (than the 8" concentric coil could achieve) and a VDI display. I originally wanted the F5, but settled for the F4. I am too cheap for my own good. For one hundred more you could go for the Classic T2 or you could spend $250 and get a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro and have money left over to purchase a good pin pointer. The T2 will compete with most top end detectors and the BH LRP competes well with most if not all mid level detectors.

I live about 2 hours away, PM me if you want to chat sometime and I will give you my cell phone number.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions