1.1 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no official mining location form. As long as all the legally required elements are provided on the appropriate sized paper for your County Recorder it doesn't matter what you use for location. I wouldn't suggest the use of any forms unless you really understand the laws, in which case it's simpler to write up your own location notice.

Most location "forms" that are offered are deficient in some way. Look at the location notices made by large mining companies with good legal staff and you will see that a proper location notice is really a rather simple declaration with an attached map.

Nevada has done the best job of providing examples of what a proper mining claim location notice would contain under different circumstances. You can download their mining claim guide from Land Matters. Near the end are several different examples of location notices. Some requirements will be different in other states.

Heavy Pans

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some California county recorders have forms that comply with the recording clerks requirements
so you don't get extra non-standard fees. I know here in Oregon they wouldn't accept the BLM maintenance affidavit (3830-4)
and had to get the stevens-ness form from the last Stationery store in the county,
I also use their Oregon claim location forms, I have one I scanned to post on claims then buy one to file

example from Plumas county
https://www.plumascounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/12315/Notice-of-Location-Placer---01-01-2019?bidId=

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you winners58, i got the one you posted buy i will use the other one. I will be filling out the P.L. 359 also. Joan at the BLM office went above and beyond helping me tweek the acreage we want to claim she is the best she is the chief of lands and minerals operations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions