Lonely Farmhouse

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Burdie, mental granny, and I did a bit of treking in the back woods of Kansas to a farmhouse he wanted us to see. There is also a barn close by.
S3010972.jpg

S3010973.jpg

S3010974.jpg

Then the house.
S3010980.jpg

S3010981.jpg

S3010983.jpg

What do you see? ???
S3010985.jpg

Still being held together with square nails
S3010986.jpg

S3010987.jpg

mental granny looking for some cool water. It got hot today, about 98* to 99*.
S3010982.jpg

Cellar hole
S3010984.jpg

Tony M SE IA

Sep 25, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minealab Explorer2
:P A lil bit of work and you could live there. ;D As far as the window it looks like a light is on?

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Tony M SE IA said:
:P A lil bit of work and you could live there. ;D As far as the window it looks like a light is on?

Gotta evict the local ticks first. ;)

Wife thinks it looks like a baby or a young person. :-\ The house has never had any utilities, just a phone at one point.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony M SE IA said:
I Agree,

Fossis...............

K

Kentucky Kache

Did you see the image in the window when you took the pic?

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jbot said:
Did you see the image in the window when you took the pic?

Not that I am aware of. We were wandering around the outside taking a few pics and trying to avoid all the spider webs at face level. All I recall is that on a couple of the shots, I raised the camera up overhead to try and encompass as much of the house as possible.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice place Jeff

Looks like someone is home ;)

indexdd.jpg

Did you look to see if there is a Tan Couch upstairs ?

!indexdd.jpg

Cool hand Pump Too.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
very cool post! loved the pics! what an incredible old place to spend some time. If only the old buildings could tell us their stories! Hope you had a great day!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SORRY,

Couldn't resist what I See

!indexdd.jpg
!indexytrews.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems once upon a time this was someone's grand property. Nice pics, seems it would fit a halloween theme with all the ghostly figures in the window. Love that old water pump. Are plans being made to detect in cooler weather?

;) RR

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
We're definitely planning on going back. Industrial strength repellant is one thing on the list. I had 2 ticks (biguns) and Evy had several little seed ticks crawling on her.

That's OK, Jeff. That's pretty much what Evy saw as well in the pic. BTW, the floors were not in the best shape so we didn't go inside. Didn't want to fall through.

I took one last pic of the house but didn't realize till I got home that after the nail pic that the camera was still in macro so forgive the blurriness.

Attachments

• S3010990.jpg
    S3010990.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 216

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great pictures and place to hunt! Did you hunt it at all? I would love to get in there. Hope you all find something good.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No we did not hunt, this time, after poison ivy, oak and sumac are gone I think Stan said we'd go back I can hardly wait . Just have to be careful he said a skunk lived there last winter. there is a couple more sheds to see also. Lots of locas trees, you know know the kind with the thorns on them. They say that there some shot horse theives buried there. Stan found the clothes line no sign of the privie, You cant even see any signs of the place unless you know where to look we were 40 feet away and still did not see it. The owner (a frind of Stans) saw cars came to check and told us about the graves and that the only services to the place was a telephone way back when, I just wish I was braver I'd check out the cellar, but I'm not that brave. The object in window we did not see til Stoney got photos on comp. What I saw was exactly what Jeff inhanced, baby crawling including diaper. Really strange! :o

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mental granny said:
What I saw was exactly what Jeff inhanced, baby crawling including diaper. Really strange! :o

I don't see it as a Baby crawling though.
Looks to me like someone in a hat Looking out the window.

Possably a Large Teddy Bears Head to the bottom Right.

Attachments

• !indexdd.jpg
    !indexdd.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 176

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread