What's new

lonely silver half picture; new penny results

1996

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Like, last tuesday, my parent's bank told me they couldn't give me any pennies, and to check back twoards the end of the week. I went today and could smell big copper in the back, but they would only give me a single box. One box would give me my coin fix, but they all look shiny through the top. Probably solid 2008s. I went to the 2 other banks in town. Struck out at the first and the second could only sell me 10 in pennies. I got the 10 and 30 dollars in rolled halves. Found one 40%er and a 2003. 2003 is a keeper right?
alright,
later,
-1996
 

Attachments

  • La.webp
    La.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
i'll post my penny finds when i am done searching them.
 
That is what I am talking about, even if you've got only one still throw a picture in there.

-Golden Silver
 
nuts on the pennies.

did find out a box of 2008 d cents sold on ebay for 45.00 and 10.00 shipping. i didn't sell it and i already busted mine.

one love,
1996
 
just curious, why would a box of 2008 d pennys sell on feebay for that? is there a shortage? don't mean to sound dumb but i don't do penny boxes and i don't know much about them.
 
silvercop said:
just curious, why would a box of 2008 d pennys sell on feebay for that? is there a shortage? don't mean to sound dumb but i don't do penny boxes and i don't know much about them.

Because someone is willing to pay that much for them.....no clue why as they could save themselves some cash and just drive to the bank and probably get one.
 
I saw the samething back in October or so, on a box of 2008 dimes. It had a bid over $260 from what I remember. The only reason why I even looked was I got a box of them (2008) But sadly I saw it after I opened the box and already looked through 2 or 3 rolls...

The weird thing was - out of all of those new dimes, I still found 5 or 6 old dimes mixed in. So I thought that somebody expecting to get an entire box of new coins might be mad seeing a hand full of old ones in the mix. I don't know how it happened, but they were there. I was busting the rolls open when I found them as my banks don't take rolls (only loose coins)
 
Yes they are paying 45.00/box on ebay for pennies....and not always a box of new ones,but often just a sealed box. I guess they dont know where to get them......or if the banks they deal with are like mine they problebly figure they are ahead paying the premium. :BangHead: :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom